• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

World Cup Final Game Thread: USWNT vs Japan

My goodness I have never seen a meltdown like this in a final in my life....talk about a snowball effect.....wow....

There go the TV ratings worldwide...

Getting caught up on the WWC threads...the scoring seemed to capture the attention of our American minds. I wonder how the ratings would have been for a 2-0 final?

Next Cup in 2019 will be France....

Time to start booking airline tickets and hotels... sounds like final is in 58k+ stadium in Lyon; but, other locations are only speculation for now. With France having a top flight men's league, there are plenty of stadiums to choose from and the country is small enough to hop the train from place to place.

Last edited:
  • Julie Johnston did not have herself a very good day and yet was arguably the best central defender in the competition despite a rough game tonight....has arrived on the world stage as a star.....

Johnston is a great story, having really only made the team due to winter/spring injuries to Rampone and Engen.

I'd still take Sauerbrun in a heartbeat as my top central defender.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back