• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

World Cup Final Game Thread: USWNT vs Japan

• Julie Johnston did not have herself a very good day and yet was arguably the best central defender in the competition despite a rough game tonight....has arrived on the world stage as a star.....

We saw some claim that USA couldn't beat Germany or Japan.

They DOMINATED both squads, winning by a combined score of 9-2.

The US team was a completely different squad in the knockout rounds.

It just goes to show that you don't have to hit your stride in Group play. The goal was to win the Group of Death, and they managed to do that despite some (by U.S. standards) mediocre play. But when you're having mediocre moments and still out perform the likes of Sweden and Australia, there's no need to panic.

Rampone as the team captain wearing the arm band one last time....as she raises the Cup....well deserved Class Personified....

We have WC programs from a previous Cup signed by her, Loudy Foudy and Lily (each signed a different program)....all great Captains.....and a soccer card signed by the greatest player ever in Women's soccer and THE Captain Michelle Akers....

Last edited:
Well, the so called "experts" were everyone, so......

I'm also not sure why there always seems to be a pissing match regarding anything soccer related on this site.

That was the best midfield performance we've seen for years. The goals came off corners and sets to start, but the possession play in the attacking 1/2 was the difference. The ball control was solid, fast, tight and spaced to perfection. The next pass was ALWAYS one step ahead. That first 20 minutes was possibly the best a United States team has ever looked. Ever. Japan freaked out a little and in combination with how unbelievable we played.....that was game. Let's not forget we had, at least, 2 free headers and 2 more open looks (remember Morgan's miss?) that I can think of off the top of my head that easily could have been goals.

Just a dominating performance. That was quality like nothing we've seen for some time.

Well said and I agree....kudos to the whole team and coaching staff.....

Well, the so called "experts" were everyone, so......

I'm also not sure why there always seems to be a pissing match regarding anything soccer related on this site.

That was the best midfield performance we've seen for years. The goals came off corners and sets to start, but the possession play in the attacking 1/2 was the difference. The ball control was solid, fast, tight and spaced to perfection. The next pass was ALWAYS one step ahead. That first 20 minutes was possibly the best a United States team has ever looked. Ever. Japan freaked out a little and in combination with how unbelievable we played.....that was game. Let's not forget we had, at least, 2 free headers and 2 more open looks (remember Morgan's miss?) that I can think of off the top of my head that easily could have been goals.

Just a dominating performance. That was quality like nothing we've seen for some time.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back