• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wisky's O-Line

I got reamed by an influential poster on here stating Wisconsin offensive line is excellent year in and year out. I bet they compensate their oline staff very well as they produce excellent product.

Wisconsin's O-line is very good.

2 things though
1. Wisconsin's offensive line looks a ton better when Taylor is in the game than when he isn't. Taylor is a great back, the best in the country this year IMO. Their line still looks good without him, but not as good.

2. Michigan looked terrible. They looked uninterested in playing that game. I don't know what is going on with that team, but man they looked awful on Saturday.

While our O-line has a ways to go, I'm not so sure Frost's style of play calls for the type of lineman Wisconsin has.
But I bet coach Frost would lean more on running game if he had their line. Playcalling hasn't helped our offensive for a long time now. Pelini wasn't sure what type of offense to run, Langsdorf was a horrible play caller, and coach Frost is still learning but seeming to get a little better

2 things though
1. Wisconsin's offensive line looks a ton better when Taylor is in the game than when he isn't. Taylor is a great back, the best in the country this year IMO. Their line still looks good without him, but not as good.

2. Michigan looked terrible. They looked uninterested in playing that game. I don't know what is going on with that team, but man they looked awful on Saturday.
RE - #1: Taylor is great do not get me wrong. He's an AA and sure 1st round pick but I counted at least 6 runs where he wasn't even touched until 5+ yards past the LOS. The scheme UW uses is excellent, Taylor's got great vision and he's got that Ahman Green second gear when he needs it. Their O-Line is better this year - with only one starter back than it was last year with 3 NFL linemen on it!

RE - #2: Where's that loud mouth Winovich from last year? "I didn't look like they (Nebraska) wanted to be out there"

RE - #1: Taylor is great do not get me wrong. He's an AA and sure 1st round pick but I counted at least 6 runs where he wasn't even touched until 5+ yards past the LOS. The scheme UW uses is excellent, Taylor's got great vision and he's got that Ahman Green second gear when he needs it. Their O-Line is better this year - with only one starter back than it was last year with 3 NFL linemen on it!

RE - #2: Where's that loud mouth Winovich from last year? "I didn't look like they (Nebraska) wanted to be out there"
Maybe we are on right path though. Wisconsin moved a tight end and converted him into offensive lineman. Sounds a little familiar!!!

That is what I mean, Taylor is special, his vision allows him to go 5+ yards without getting hit. Their other backs didn't look as good.

2 things though

last week vs Mich. 6.3 yards per pass, 8.0 receiving yards per pass of 13 of 16

But I bet coach Frost would lean more on running game if he had their line. Playcalling hasn't helped our offensive for a long time now. Pelini wasn't sure what type of offense to run, Langsdorf was a horrible play caller, and coach Frost is still learning but seeming to get a little better
I think he's dealing with things he hasn't had to deal with before. I'm not sure the O-line is as bad a people think but its not fully developed yet...takes a few years IMO. They put up 700 yards on Saturday so he's doing something right.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back