• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winter conditioning is under way

From what I've gleaned, the players were divided up into 3 teams, red, white, & black. They then competed with one another throughout winter conditioning using some sort of points system. That's what all these tug o' war type videos have been.
I actually had a good idea. Just injecting a small tongue in cheek in my.response.

BTW I hope the black team did not win or some folks from the uniform thread will throw a fit.

Back to topic, I keep hearing Fidone won't be participating fully in Spring Ball this year. If that is true (again I am NOT saying it is, I just heard it from several podcast things the last month or so) I wonder if it is to prevent injuries. All I know, he is killing it in conditioning, including the video released earlier today where 2 players are going head to head in getting control of an object (sort of a 2 man tug of war competition) and he destroyed his opponent.

I don't know either.

IIRC, both his injuries weren't really contact related? If what you're hearing is accurate, maybe they're just trying to maximize his recovery time and limit the potential for a repeat.....or they possibly don't think he's ready.

Like you mentioned, he looks ready to me. Fidone isn't playing around.

Fidone isn't playing around.
He's not. I read he'll be one of the "captains" in Mondays presser - chosen for his performance as a "workout warrior."

Matt Rhule and two players will speak on Monday at 11 a.m. as winter conditioning is wrapping up. The players: Thomas Fidone (Captain of Offseason Competition Winning Team) and Chief Borders (co-leading point winner in offseason competition).

Last edited:
I don't know either.

IIRC, both his injuries weren't really contact related? If what you're hearing is accurate, maybe they're just trying to maximize his recovery time and limit the potential for a repeat.....or they possibly don't think he's ready.

Like you mentioned, he looks ready to me. Fidone isn't playing around.
Agreed. The Podcasts mentioned not going full speed in Spring Ball. But, even last year, he was running stairs and such with like 4 games remaining yet didn't play. To do that on a knee injury pretty much says the knee is fine. Hopefully his injuries woes are behind him now.

Agreed. The Podcasts mentioned not going full speed in Spring Ball. But, even last year, he was running stairs and such with like 4 games remaining yet didn't play. To do that on a knee injury pretty much says the knee is fine. Hopefully his injuries woes are behind him now.

Every time I see his name I think of Matt Herian.

I hope this is it and agree on the injury woes.

I can't wait to see the young man play.

He's going to be a problem for opposing defenses.

Todays press conference was telling where he said coaches wanted him to play late last fall, based on what he was doing in practice against the 1's/2's but he wasn't medically cleared yet. Like I said, he was running stairs full speed with like 5 games left in the season. Personally, I am glad he didn't play, not like we would of suddenly been a contender with 5 games left with him. Way too many other issues with the team. Hope to see him 1st game ready to go!

Me too.

If healthy (?), and has an OL that can protect a QB that is able to deliver him the ball, he could be a beast.

From what I've gleaned, the players were divided up into 3 teams, red, white, & black. They then competed with one another throughout winter conditioning using some sort of points system. That's what all these tug o' war type videos have been.
Color of jersey goes beyond what they do on the football field and team competitions/weight room stuff. Off the field activities, charity time, school work all go into the color jersey each guy wears.

As MR stated multiple times since his hiring, he is developing young men, not just football players. I love how he is holding them accountable and rewarding those who are doing the right things on and off the field.

If you are wearing black jerseys, you are at the top of the list.

Color of jersey goes beyond what they do on the football field and team competitions/weight room stuff. Off the field activities, charity time, school work all go into the color jersey each guy wears.

As MR stated multiple times since his hiring, he is developing young men, not just football players. I love how he is holding them accountable and rewarding those who are doing the right things on and off the field.

If you are wearing black jerseys, you are at the top of the list.
What? No more everybody carrying that log?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back