• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Winners/Losers in Conference Realignment

Bo is too stubborn to work for HCSF
Bo is an outstanding defensive coordinator however he wasn’t close to being ready( although his teams were the best of the last 4 Husker coaches) not sure he’s going to get another chance although he deserves one.

Bo is an outstanding defensive coordinator however he wasn’t close to being ready( although his teams were the best of the last 4 Husker coaches) not sure he’s going to get another chance although he deserves one.
He probably does deserve another chance but in today's world his style would be considered bullying and as a result he probably will not get one anytime soon. This is the image every AD and Mother sees when they think about BO. Right or wrong it is the image he has presented to the world.
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

He probably does deserve another chance but in today's world his style would be considered bullying and as a result he probably will not get one anytime soon. This is the image every AD and Mother sees when they think about BO. Right or wrong it is the image he has presented to the world.
hqdefault.jpg
Agree he’s hurt himself on halftime interviews too. He’s a straight shooter and that’s really cost him but given all the chances Bobby Patrino and others like him have been given I hope he gets a DI school head coaching job somewhere.

hqdefault.jpg

Let's see if Bo has calmed down since he went to Youngstown?

Hmm, that doesn't look good.... Anything else?

Pelini yelling.jpg

I think that I'm starting to see a pattern.

Although Bo brought much of it on himself he was the PERFECT punching bag for most of the media. He didn't like them and they certainly didn't like him. That meant anytime he did ANYTHING the slightest untoward it was going to be highlighted and emphasized by them. When you act like Bo did/does you had better win, win and win like say Bobby Knight did for 30 years at Indiana. When Knight at long last started to lose at the end of his coaching career the media started hammered him.

You simply can't win a pizzing contest with the media as they have the loudest megaphone and longest memory!

Although Bo brought much of it on himself he was the PERFECT punching bag for most of the media. He didn't like them and they certainly didn't like him. That meant anytime he did ANYTHING the slightest untoward it was going to be highlighted and emphasized by them. When you act like Bo did/does you had better win, win and win like say Bobby Knight did for 30 years at Indiana. When Knight at long last started to lose at the end of his coaching career the media started hammered him.

You simply can't win a pizzing contest with the media as they have the loudest megaphone and longest memory!
Amen brother.

Amen brother.

Might I add. Even when your boss is wrong. It is tough to win a similar contest with your boss.

Might I add. Even when your boss is wrong. It is tough to win a similar contest with your boss.
As a rookie LEO I quickly found out even when my boss(s) were wrong.... he/she was actually right!

Last edited:

The writer acts as if Nebraska was on top of the world until the move to the Big Ten. I consider Nebraska to be one of the bigger winners in the re-alignment game. A much stronger, far more stable conference; and a lot more cash to improve facilities and coaching. There is an awful lot to be said for security.

Agree. It's not translated to on the field wins, YET. But we are all confident it will.

I'm not sure what the criteria was for picking winners and losers here. Nebraska is MUCH better off in the B1G. TV money is more, and they are no longer under the thumb of the evil empire in Austin. The writer must be oblivious to all of the shenanigans that occurred in 2010 with Texas trying to impose their will on the Big 12 and then flirting with the PAC 12.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back