• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will a Coach Busch coached defense give up 500 yards against Indiana?

No, they will not. My guess is around 350. Remember Whipple saying that he will slow down the offense if it gets them the W? I expect each side to have fewer plays. 2 weeks is not a lot of time to fix a defense but they should be improved. I do expect the Nebraska pass rush to show up against the Indiana Oline as well. Finally, Busch certainly made changes that Indiana is not able to anticipate. Put it altogether, and 350 sounds right.
I’ll have what you are having. :Cheers:

I'm confused on why our defense, regardless of who has coached over the last several years, has such difficulty lining up.
With 3 down linemen, is this really that challenging? Serious question.
This just seems so routine for teams other than Nebraska.
I understand the " talent issues" but every offense that plays Nebraska appear to be well oiled machines.
Can Busch by sliding a player a foot to the right or left fix this?

If we onside kick after every score, two positives can happen:
1. We recover.
2. They recover BUT have a shorter field, thus fewer yards!

:Biggrin:
They could outsmart themselves and just not score. Then we wouldn’t have to worry about onsides kicks at all, pal.

No, they will not. My guess is around 350. Remember Whipple saying that he will slow down the offense if it gets them the W? I expect each side to have fewer plays. 2 weeks is not a lot of time to fix a defense but they should be improved. I do expect the Nebraska pass rush to show up against the Indiana Oline as well. Finally, Busch certainly made changes that Indiana is not able to anticipate. Put it altogether, and 350 sounds right.
Wait what, slow it down? Like BIG football

Awesome

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back