• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Why Johnny Stanton didn't make 250 from rivals guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshirts82

Recruit
5 Year Member
Adam Gorney:
Matt - That is not true. A quarterback cannot really dominate the Elite 11. It's not set up that way. Stanton is not nearly a polished passer yet. Great runner, great upside but he's not a great passer.

I asked why didn't johnny make it on a guest chat on rivals. it is going on right now the answer is above.

another thing about johnny

Adam Gorney:
Wow - That's not obvious at all. I've seen Stanton in every setting possible. He has a tough time throwing an accurate ball. Until that consistently changes, he cannot move much.

Interesting Stanton is 4-star rated by 247, Scout and ESPN....but not Rivals....

Also they were 'panning' him during the Elite 11 while the coaches for the event were singing his praises....

From what I have seen he throws the ball quite well and is only getting better....

Gorney is entitled to his opinion....seems most folks disagree....

IMO Rivals is getting too critical in their assesments of players anymore. They used to be right on in most cases, and now it seems that they are searching for 1st round draft picks, and everyone else is a meh and almost not good enough for them. I really like what 247 is doing and I think they are making a case for the better of the services out there.

Yup....allot of politics...and I have been saying that for years...Rivals is losing me more and more....

What a joke these Rivals guys are, look at what they say about Goff the Cal commit and why he moved up:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1399010

"Goff moves from unranked to number 153 after performing well at Elite11 and some 7 on 7's"

But Stanton can't move up there because that's not really how it works was the answer the guy gave you...

Last edited:
Rivals guy

blinders.jpg

There is no interest in Rivals moving any of our guys to the top. Every year, we lead the nation in 4* players outside the top 250. I don't have the numbers, but seriously we have one or two every year at least and there are generally only 30-50 or so who meet that criteria. To me, that tells me all I need to know. So they will move Stanton into that 4*-outside -250-abyss and say "that's good enough for the likes of Husker fans, now let's take care of our big money markets."

It's business, nothing personal. Problem is, it helps schools like USC to escape the cesspool of their own incompetence all those years to become the ESPN/Rivals/Scout created powerhouse they have been created into. It really is a form of cheating, but cheating will always be there and we might as well get used to it.

We do get the benefit of some bumps as Rivals/Scout and the others realize they have to throw us a bone every now and again, we just aren't gonna get the bone packed with meat.

Yup....

There is no interest in Rivals moving any of our guys to the top. Every year, we lead the nation in 4* players outside the top 250. I don't have the numbers, but seriously we have one or two every year at least and there are generally only 30-50 or so who meet that criteria. To me, that tells me all I need to know. So they will move Stanton into that 4*-outside -250-abyss and say "that's good enough for the likes of Husker fans, now let's take care of our big money markets."

It's business, nothing personal. Problem is, it helps schools like USC to escape the cesspool of their own incompetence all those years to become the ESPN/Rivals/Scout created powerhouse they have been created into. It really is a form of cheating, but cheating will always be there and we might as well get used to it.

We do get the benefit of some bumps as Rivals/Scout and the others realize they have to throw us a bone every now and again, we just aren't gonna get the bone packed with meat.

I like it. Stanton can come here and win an NC and tell Rivals to "Stick that in your 250."

:Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back