• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why does Kent Pavelka not do football games anymore?

I’d just like to hear more animation. Damon seems to be too much of a cerebral intellectual for a color guy in my opinion…. But then I think Paul Allen is a great broadcaster for the Vikings. His animation paints a picture.
Dan Deirdorf was also one I liked whom many disliked. Dan would be going on about trench warfare while Al Micheals and Frank Gifford would be going on about race horses.
I guess my point is, I like Damon, don’t love him. Everyone has their own expectations in a broadcast… I guess some would be fine if the screen was split so that Taylor swift could have equal coverage. To each there own.
I totally get that. And yea no on the taylor swift

I’d just like to hear more animation. Damon seems to be too much of a cerebral intellectual for a color guy in my opinion…. But then I think Paul Allen is a great broadcaster for the Vikings. His animation paints a picture.
Dan Deirdorf was also one I liked whom many disliked. Dan would be going on about trench warfare while Al Micheals and Frank Gifford would be going on about race horses.
I guess my point is, I like Damon, don’t love him. Everyone has their own expectations in a broadcast… I guess some would be fine if the screen was split so that Taylor swift could have equal coverage. To each their own.

I used to enjoy listening to Kent Pavelka’s football broadcasts back in the day but times have changed with the ways that we can consume Husker football. The football games have not been on the radio in the KC metro area for many many years.

I can’t even remember the last time I have listened to a Nebraska football radio broadcast over the air or even streaming. It has to be 15+ years.

I will listen to Big Red Overreaction after the game or Husker Hangover the next day. I listen to those shows more for comedic purposes. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I guess my point is, I like Damon, don’t love him. Everyone has their own expectations in a broadcast… I guess some would be fine if the screen was split so that Taylor swift could have equal coverage. To each there own.
I think Deirdorf is back and using the name Aikman.

It would be fun if a social media platform offered Kent an opportunity to do the broadcast for the Husker game so we could tune them on on TV and turn off the sound and link up Pavelka. Would be an interesting proposition, could make revenue on commercial breaks, don't broadcast the game just the play by play.

Just a tip for my out of state friends. I live in KC and listen to about 3 games a year on the Huskers app. Sharp is a very good announcer and if I am doing a Fall Saturday afternoon bike ride or traveling it is a good way to keep up with the skers. And I don’t have to sit on my couch through the LONG broadcast times. I NEVER watch a Husker game live anymore.

I used to enjoy listening to Kent Pavelka’s football broadcasts back in the day but times have changed with the ways that we can consume Husker football. The football games have not been on the radio in the KC metro area for many many years.

I can’t even remember the last time I have listened to a Nebraska football radio broadcast over the air or even streaming. It has to be 15+ years.

I will listen to Big Red Overreaction after the game or Husker Hangover the next day. I listen to those shows more for comedic purposes. :thumbsup:

Ummm, you know you can listen to the broadcast online, right? There's a link right on this website.

;)

I used to love listening to Pavelka's broadcast, maybe mainly because it reminded me of the Bremser years. Maybe he tried too hard to be like Lyell.

The only thing I really couldn't stand was:
"TOUCHDOWN TOUCHDOWN TOUCHDOWN!!"

And you know we heard that a lot at the time, back when we had an offense. (I thought that's why he got canned -- because everyone was sick of hearing it)

Guy I couldn't stand was the guy after or after Rose, I can't remember the first name but his last name was Swain! It was much more of a deal back then as only a few games were on tv.

It would be fun if a social media platform offered Kent an opportunity to do the broadcast for the Husker game so we could tune them on on TV and turn off the sound and link up Pavelka. Would be an interesting proposition, could make revenue on commercial breaks, don't broadcast the game just the play by play.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back