• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked WHO WILL BE NEBRASKA'S NEXT OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoPouters? You guys crack me up with the name-calling. We should all just move on. Mike Riley's the coach now, at least after tomorrow's game he is. I'll be cheering for the Barney-led Huskers tomorrow night, then all in with Riley going forward.

He was not talking about you Brew! But he does have a point! I could name at least 5 on here that that is all that they constantly Femaledog about on here!

Sorry if posting facts bothers some people. I'm sure you guys are correct and Riley will change what he has always done offensively.

He's had a grand total of ONE offense that ranked inside the top 50 in rushing, but I'm sure it's because over the course of 14 seasons he just wasn't able to get the kind of personnel necessary to run the ball.

I don't know why people are trying so hard to deny that Riley offenses tend to be pass heavy when compared to most teams. Is that a problem for you?

BoPouters? You guys crack me up with the name-calling. We should all just move on. Mike Riley's the coach now, at least after tomorrow's game he is. I'll be cheering for the Barney-led Huskers tomorrow night, then all in with Riley going forward.

He was not talking about you Brew! But he does have a point! I could name at least 5 on here that that is all that they constantly Femaledog about on here!

Who are those 5?

But if we take Coach Riley at his word, what will some of these posters have left to moan about?

Can you point out where I was moaning?

Do you think Riley will continue to do what he feels comfortable with offensively? And is that somehow a problem for you?

Sorry if posting facts bothers some people. I'm sure you guys are correct and Riley will change what he has always done offensively.

He's had a grand total of ONE offense that ranked inside the top 50 in rushing, but I'm sure it's because over the course of 14 seasons he just wasn't able to get the kind of personnel necessary to run the ball.

I don't know why people are trying so hard to deny that Riley offenses tend to be pass heavy when compared to most teams. Is that a problem for you?

If he is as bad as you hope then we will string him up!

Pick any post/thread of yours in the last 27 days. It's all you've done...

You guys really need to start reading what's actually written rather than making up things in your heads.

It's unfortunate that you don't care for Mike Riley's preferred style of offense. I really hope it doesn't cause you to turn against the team and try to drag them down again.

In his presser, Coach Riley specifically stated at OSU he had 4 tailbacks that combined for over 16,000 yards. That's utilizing a ton of running.
Coach Riley also stated he was "very interested" to morph his scheme into more based on the ability of players he has here and what they are comfortable doing, and that would include playing to the run game as a big part of his offense here at NU.

Considering those statements coming directly from the mouth of Coach Riley, that's a bit more than zero evidence imho.

When I heard this I assumed HCMR was alluding to all-purpose yards but I was mistaken:

Oregon Sate 1,500-YARD RUSHERS
PLAYER YARDS ATT TDS
1. Ken Simonton (1998-2001) 5,044 1,041 59
2. Jacquizz Rodgers (2008-10) 3,877 788 46
3. Yvenson Bernard (2004-07) 3,862 876 38
4. Steven Jackson (2001-03) 3,625 743 39

Nebraska's Top Four Rushers in the same period
1. Ammer Abdullah 4500+
2. Roy Helu 3404
3. Rex Burkhead 3329
4. T-Magic 2975

I am very excited to watch this new coaching staff. I have been amazed at how little athleticism our linebackers play with. I remember Osborne teams that used 200 lb. linebackers (Jamaal Williams & Terrell Farley) that moved more fluidly than out IBs did. Bring on the likes of Tyrin Ferguson.

If he is as bad as you hope then we will string him up!

Where have I said, or even implied, that I hope he will be bad? You're not making any sense. Again, you're probably better off calling into a radio program with this gibberish... please throw in another complaint about the Blackshirts while you're at it.

You guys really need to start reading what's actually written rather than making up things in your heads.

It's unfortunate that you don't care for Mike Riley's preferred style of offense. I really hope it doesn't cause you to turn against the team and try to drag them down again.

NO, you really REALLY hope that it does!

In his presser, Coach Riley specifically stated at OSU he had 4 tailbacks that combined for over 16,000 yards. That's utilizing a ton of running.
Coach Riley also stated he was "very interested" to morph his scheme into more based on the ability of players he has here and what they are comfortable doing, and that would include playing to the run game as a big part of his offense here at NU.

Considering those statements coming directly from the mouth of Coach Riley, that's a bit more than zero evidence imho.

When I heard this I assumed HCMR was alluding to all-purpose yards but I was mistaken:

Oregon Sate 1,500-YARD RUSHERS
PLAYER YARDS ATT TDS
1. Ken Simonton (1998-2001) 5,044 1,041 59
2. Jacquizz Rodgers (2008-10) 3,877 788 46
3. Yvenson Bernard (2004-07) 3,862 876 38
4. Steven Jackson (2001-03) 3,625 743 39

Nebraska's Top Four Rushers in the same period
1. Ammer Abdullah 4500+
2. Roy Helu 3404
3. Rex Burkhead 3329
4. T-Magic 2975

I am very excited to watch this new coaching staff. I have been amazed at how little athleticism our linebackers play with. I remember Osborne teams that used 200 lb. linebackers (Jamaal Williams & Terrell Farley) that moved more fluidly than out IBs did. Bring on the likes of Tyrin Ferguson.

Individual rushing numbers don't show an overall TEAM commitment to running the ball.

I am also looking forward to changes at linebacker. Probably the weakest position on the team, but it's not for lack of talent.

NO, you really REALLY hope that it does!

I hope that Golden turns against the Huskers again? Still sipping on some egg nog?

Where have I said, or even implied, that I hope he will be bad? You're not making any sense. Again, you're probably better off calling into a radio program with this gibberish... please throw in another complaint about the Blackshirts while you're at it.

You sir, will still get one free Skunk Hug if we ever meet up at Smoker's tail gate!

In this thread or countless other instances since our former coach was canned? ;)

Do you think Riley will continue to do what he feels comfortable with offensively? And is that somehow a problem for you?

I think Riley will not only adjust to the talent on his team, but also to the conference he is playing in.

Those passing numbers might look like a lot to us. But when you compare them to other Pac12 teams, they really aren't anything out of the ordinary. On top of that, Riley has had multiple seasons in which his teams ran the ball more than they threw it.

If Riley says he'll adjust to certain circumstances, why would you not believe him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back