• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked WHO WILL BE NEBRASKA'S NEXT OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

We will run then lot ball a lot under Riely but he will play a more balanced scheme.If you watch his teams a lot of the passes are off inside zone plays and if the d commits to it the read is a quick bubble screen that is essentially a long handoff to the wide reciever.it makes the d play the whole field and keeps them honest.we would of do more of it this year if we were more consistent and accurate.when we missed consecutive swing passes sometimes it made me scratch my head.i also feel any time you can run the ball as a coach you would continue to do that if they couldnt stop it.a least I hope that's the plan

hopefully 25 to 30 completed passes,

I'm guessing it will be closer to 35-40 per game. Oregon State averaged almost 39 attempts per game over the past 7 years, never once averaging under 31.
2014 39.33
2013 48.08
2012 38.77
2011 41.92
2010 31.25
2009 36.77
2008 34.46

As you can see, Riley certainly likes to throw the ball quite a bit. By contrast, Nebraska's HIGHEST number of pass attempts per game under Pelini was 33.3, recorded in 2008 with Ganz at the helm (and Watson calling the plays).

Callahan's desperation offense of 2007 threw the ball 40.08 times per game, which is pretty much average for a Riley offense.

So yes, it should be 25-30 completions per game if we're throwing it that much. That would give our quarterback a 65-70% completion percentage. If we're not completing at least 65% of our passes, we had better not be throwing 40 times per game.

We will run then lot ball a lot under Riely but he will play a more balanced scheme.If you watch his teams a lot of the passes are off inside zone plays and if the d commits to it the read is a quick bubble screen that is essentially a long handoff to the wide reciever.it makes the d play the whole field and keeps them honest.we would of do more of it this year if we were more consistent and accurate.when we missed consecutive swing passes sometimes it made me scratch my head.i also feel any time you can run the ball as a coach you would continue to do that if they couldnt stop it.a least I hope that's the plan

There is zero evidence to show this.

"Someone with Oregon State ties that wins the Nebraska lottery. Oh and is really a swell guy."

This made me smile :santa:

Last edited:

There is zero evidence to show this.

In his presser, Coach Riley specifically stated at OSU he had 4 tailbacks that combined for over 16,000 yards. That's utilizing a ton of running.
Coach Riley also stated he was "very interested" to morph his scheme into more based on the ability of players he has here and what they are comfortable doing, and that would include playing to the run game as a big part of his offense here at NU.

Considering those statements coming directly from the mouth of Coach Riley, that's a bit more than zero evidence imho.

Last edited:
I could care less how we move the ball, run or throw! Whatever works best for us. You can run any kind of offense if you have the right people and an offensive line that can consistently hold their own and move down the field

I would say that it will be somebody MR feels confident in not just someone trendy who satisfies the experts on here.

No evidence to show anything.
I'm not sure that he cares about that. I imagine the important thing to keep trying to suggest that Riley is another Callahan, that SE is another Pedey, and ultimately that Solich & Bo were screwed over by 2 egomaniacs. It's the only thing that the BoPouters have left... this fictional narrative.

I'm not sure that he cares about that. I imagine the important thing to keep trying to suggest that Riley is another Callahan, that SE is another Pedey, and ultimately that Solich & Bo were screwed over by 2 egomaniacs. It's the only thing that the BoPouters have left... this fictional narrative.

BoPouters? You guys crack me up with the name-calling. We should all just move on. Mike Riley's the coach now, at least after tomorrow's game he is. I'll be cheering for the Barney-led Huskers tomorrow night, then all in with Riley going forward.

Who's Mike Riley?

5480af8953103.hires.jpg

In his presser, Coach Riley specifically stated at OSU he had 4 tailbacks that combined for over 16,000 yards. That's utilizing a ton of running.
Coach Riley also stated he was "very interested" to morph his scheme into more based on the ability of players he has here and what they are comfortable doing, and that would include playing to the run game as a big part of his offense here at NU.

Considering those statements coming directly from the mouth of Coach Riley, that's a bit more than zero evidence imho.

But if we take Coach Riley at his word, what will some of these posters have left to moan about?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back