• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who on this list don't we have a replace for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciante Evans by far. Losing Spencer Long and other linemen will hurt, but we have a pretty decent pipe at OL. Not so deep at corner/nickle/etc that Ciante is able to cover.

Enunwa is also a big, physical receiver who would normally be missed A TON but we're blessed with Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner and even younger guys like Westerkamp stepping up. Quincy's departure isn't so bad with the WR Corps we have right now.

Also, Taylor Martinez. And yes, I'm serious. In spite of his bonehead mistakes, he still managed to smash nearly every QB record. That's saying something when you're so freaking athletic you can screw the pooch half the time with your reads and fumbles -- and still break records.

Well said - Watching the exciting slate of games saturday the one constant was the teams that competed well and even won had a solid QB play for the most part. Hopefully TA or Stanton can make the leap.

TM in my irrelevant opinion.

I'd very much disagree with any assertion that Mr. Armstrong is a running threat; 57 carries for 176 yards (3.1 per carry) 2 td's and a long run of 15. Those are nothing any team needs to alter their defense to defend. Consider he completed 53% of his passes, 7 td's and 7 picks. Fumbled four times lost 2. 9 turnovers Mr. Armstrong was accountable for in merely 7 games. TM had 9 turnovers during his freshman campaign (and if memory serves me correctly) a considerable portion of Husker nation already had their fill of TM.

Tommy runs the option of the old school, eh? Does he? Sure, he attacked the rush (or read) end and made quick decisions, but when he kept it he merely gained 2-3 yards. Now keep in mind I am not trying to bash the young lad, however he is not a running threat. I do believe QB will very much be a large question mark going into next year. No doubt, most of the criticism deserved of TA's inept play was overshadowed by the distractions around our team. To be fair, we have also heard TA was "gimpy." Eh...maybe. TM had more runs of ten yards against Western Ky than TA had all year...

Anyway, QB. My irrelevant opinion believes QB. I am thirsty, by the way. Does anyone have any Stanton cool aid they would be willing to lend?

Last edited:
TM in my irrelevant opinion.

I'd very much disagree with any assertion that Mr. Armstrong is a running threat; 57 carries for 176 yards (3.1 per carry) 2 td's and a long run of 15. Those are nothing any team needs to alter their defense to defend. Consider he completed 53% of his passes, 7 td's and 7 picks. Fumbled four times lost 2. 9 turnovers Mr. Armstrong was accountable for in merely 7 games. TM had 9 turnovers during his freshman campaign (and if memory serves me correctly) a considerable portion of Husker nation already had their fill of TM.

Tommy runs the option of the old school, eh? Does he? Sure, he attacked the rush (or read) end and made quick decisions, but when he kept it he merely gained 2-3 yards. Now keep in mind I am not trying to bash the young lad, however he is not a running threat. I do believe QB will very much be a large question mark going into next year. No doubt, most of the criticism deserved of TA's inept play was overshadowed by the distractions around our team. To be fair, we have also heard TA was "gimpy." Eh...maybe. TM had more runs of ten yards against Western Ky than TA had all year...

Anyway, QB. My irrelevant opinion believes QB. I am thirsty, by the way. Does anyone have any Stanton cool aid they would be willing to lend?

If a dude like Riker Fife ever had an opportunity to start for NU, next year is it. It would be a GREAT time to have an actual QBs coach....

If a dude like Riker Fife ever had an opportunity to start for NU, next year is it. It would be a GREAT time to have an actual QBs coach....

Which position coach are you firing and leaving the position uncovered to do so?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back