• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who on this list don't we have a replace for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean-Baptiste and Evans is my first, gut reaction. Also, a lot of seniors on the O line.

Last edited:
DB's are the main concern based on what I've read. This years injuries have forced the coaches to play more kids even though they seemed to have preferred playing the starters injured as much as possible. So we do have some experience coming back with the returning underclassman.

I'll get the obvious response from a couple people out of the way "we have replacements for everyone, they are just young". That being said, i'll rank where I think we are in trouble the most and go down:

1. Corner
2. Tightend
3. Offensive Line

I think we need a JUCO TE as well...

We have to hope like crazy that our two best players don't decide to declare for the NFL draft. Abdullah and Gregory.

I'll get the obvious response from a couple people out of the way "we have replacements for everyone, they are just young". That being said, i'll rank where I think we are in trouble the most and go down:

1. Corner
2. Tightend
3. Offensive Line

I think our tight end problem is two-fold: play calling and the ability of our QB to get the ball to them. The first being the biggest problem IMHO. I am surprise any tight end would want to come here.

We have to hope like crazy that our two best players don't decide to declare for the NFL draft. Abdullah and Gregory.

I am hoping Gregory knows he needs more time with Bo and Ameer wants to vie for another conference championship. Some are saying this is not a good year for a running back to come out early.

This is probably a big reason why we have had such a hard time closing on TE recruits over the past few years. We are very fortunate to have landed Carter.

I think our tight end problem is two-fold: play calling and the ability of our QB to get the ball to them. The first being the biggest problem IMHO. I am surprise any tight end would want to come here.

1. Corner
2. Tightend
3. Offensive Line

What was your impression of C. Carter this year?

I think our Oline depth will really be hurting next year. We won't handle injuries as well as we did this year.

1. Corner
2. Tightend
3. Offensive Line

Just have a lineman play Tight End until the coaches realize that they are also supposed to be a pass catching weapon as well.

Bo has his work cut out for him, we look to be below average in the offensive line, defensive backfield, and with quarterbacks, we are average in nearly every other area, at best. We are one injury away from being below average in the DL (Gregory) and RB's (Abdullah).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back