• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who on this list don't we have a replace for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I feel the "We are a young team" excuse come into play next year? I thought that was this years excuse.

I've never understood our inability to throw to the tight end. While I think part of the problem is the QB not making a good throw, I think a more important reason is that we just don't throw to them that much at all. I am dying to see our tight ends get more involved.

I've never understood our inability to throw to the tight end. While I think part of the problem is the QB not making a good throw, I think a more important reason is that we just don't throw to them that much at all. I am dying to see our tight ends get more involved.

I'm with you there.

What was your impression of C. Carter this year?

I think our Oline depth will really be hurting next year. We won't handle injuries as well as we did this year.

I think Carter will be good, I think by mid-conference play he will be a viable target and threat. 3 different QBs this year didn't help him evolve. Hopefully lack of injuries from the point man (QB) next year will help him get comfortable. Very impressive talent, has a little ways to go yet, but will be a good option next year.

I'll get the obvious response from a couple people out of the way "we have replacements for everyone, they are just young". That being said, i'll rank where I think we are in trouble the most and go down:

1. Corner
2. Tightend
3. Offensive Line

I think we need a JUCO TE as well...

I think QB is our biggest area of need. The offense will revolve around a Solid leader who can pass and run well. TA showed good running, not sold on his passing yet. TE we have Carter but one injury from I don't know who. OL I am actually OK with given how they finished this season and not pulling redshirt on two very promising guys. DB it seems we have a good pipeline going, just need to get some depth either with JUCO or solid recruit.

Until one or the other QBs shows up, it would be Martinez. Like him or not, he was the most prolific offensive player in NU history. Until someone shows me something better, I going with TM.

Ciante Evans by far. Losing Spencer Long and other linemen will hurt, but we have a pretty decent pipe at OL. Not so deep at corner/nickle/etc that Ciante is able to cover.

Enunwa is also a big, physical receiver who would normally be missed A TON but we're blessed with Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner and even younger guys like Westerkamp stepping up. Quincy's departure isn't so bad with the WR Corps we have right now.

Also, Taylor Martinez. And yes, I'm serious. In spite of his bonehead mistakes, he still managed to smash nearly every QB record. That's saying something when you're so freaking athletic you can screw the pooch half the time with your reads and fumbles -- and still break records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back