• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Who Nebraska might get commits from over the next two months

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know there has been discussion on this here and there in other threads.....but I thought it might be fun to start a thread with who we think might be 'N' are who is borderline....this is all an educated guess....so don't hold me to it as we know how fickle an 18 year old can be....;):Biggrin: Interested in your thoughts and who you see as possible commits....

Will be interesting to see how close this turns out and what surprise commit may be 'N' before its all said and done....if we can land 3/4 if not most of these guys it will be a heckuva class....

'N'

LB Jared Afalava 3-star
Athlete (QB) Devin Fuller 5-star
DE Nate Iese 3-star
LB Quanzell Lambert 4-star
DE Avery Moss 3-star
OT Andrus Peat 5-star
CB Marcus Rios 4-star
CB Mohammed Seisay 4-star
DT Vincent Valentine 3-star

'Iffy'

S Jordan Diggs 4-star
CB AJ Legget 4-star
OT Ronnie Stanley 4-star

I'll start off as I always do saying, I will jump for joy if we get Fuller. I don't know what it is but the kid just seems to be a special athlete no matter what position he plays for us.

Peat, not a gimme but about as close to a gimme you can get.

Moss I believe that's his family member, I don't know a whole lot about him, but I'm guessing he really enjoyed his visit, because at least to me, he showed up out of no where and already many believe he will be N.

I like Seisay's film. I think he will be a great one under this staff.

Valentine is only a 3-star? Well, I think he will be a good one in the end also.

I'm holding out hope for Nance, Beaver and Bowman, but something tells me the ship has sailed on all three...

I love the prediction game :) here goes:

Brian Nance (Baylor over Oklahoma)
Gerald Bowman (Oklahoma over USC)
Brandon Beaver (Washington over Nebraska)

I love the prediction game :) here goes:

Brian Nance (Baylor over Oklahoma)
Gerald Bowman (Oklahoma over USC)
Brandon Beaver (Washington over Nebraska)

Haha, it really is fun... I'm with you on Bowman and Beaver, but if Nance ends up at Baylor? Wow. That would be huge for them.

What about LaDarrell McNeill? Any thoughts on where he ends up?

'Soft' commit to Tennessee right now. Really liked his visit to Nebraska a lot. Is visiting Oklahoma State this weekend and has trips planned to his other finalists, Arkansas (1/20) and he will see Tennessee (1/13). I think Nebraska is running a close 2nd to him right now, but there is a long way to go with him - he still has a lot to see.

Like with many of these newer kids they are after, I think their Bowl performance will be looked at a lot. Some of these kids that have not been recruited for 12+ months dont have the history with the staff so they might be looking at on-field results more than maybe a long-time target may. Usually a recruit is not swayed by individual games because he has heard a lot about the school from the coaches and has more of a background about a place and where the program is headed. When you target a kid later on like this and playing catchup in many ways, I think games mean more because its instant credibility.

Got a friend in Nevada that likes are chances with Stanley.

This one is all over the board! I have heard he is really really high on us, but at the same time,there was somebody who is normally spot on with his bbs posts at Rivals who said he commited to Notre Dame last night. We shall see! I would love to have him. Just unsure if we would get him and Andrus both.

This one is all over the board! I have heard he is really really high on us, but at the same time,there was somebody who is normally spot on with his bbs posts at Rivals who said he commited to Notre Dame last night. We shall see! I would love to have him. Just unsure if we would get him and Andrus both.

Based on what i know, Stanley is not commited to ND.

I've talked to people who are confident he's Irish, and those confident he's N.

I've talked to people who are confident he's Irish, and those confident he's N.

And the bad thing is I have talked to people who have said he has said he would NEVER go where Andrus goes since they play the same position and that would defeat the purpose and hurt his NFL chances.

Diggs it appears is not coming to Nebraska....staying in the SEC...as I suspected thus the 'iffy' in my original post....looks like South Carolina.....Tennessee and Vandy are in the running too...

Huskers are out of this one.....which is too bad....I think he would have been a great fit....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back