• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who else predicted Matt Rhule as the next football coach

Found it, November 7. I really wish I knew for if what I was told was actually true or if it was a rumor, guess we will never know.

Post in thread 'Matt Rhule' https://forum.huskermax.com/threads/matt-rhule.133545/post-5481937
This wasn’t the original thread. This was a response a few days later after his name was being brought out by others. :). I’ll re-emphasize it wasn’t my call. It was a source that knew about it. As I told most in the pm he was confident in the hire but wouldn’t predict an announcement date. He was aware of some issues that needed settled.

Quite truthfully I started wondering if it fell through because it was taking so long.

Last edited:
I don’t have twitter anymore, what is that wife beater Zach Smith saying now after he told everyone Sanders was a lock? He may need some new “sources” lol

There were dozens of predictions and wish list candidates out there over the past several weeks. Odds are fewer people were right than there were people that were wrong. Seems most folks simply said they'd support whoever ADTA picked and hoped the new coach would turn things around. Bragging rights don't really matter now.

729v63.gif

Can’t say I did but my source did on November 2. I can’t find the thread I started stating I’d only reveal it in a pm as it qualified as a rumor. Don’t know where the thread went but I had to respond to about 100 pms. :).
You told me via PM on 11/3. Then a friend in Lincoln told me the same thing not long after. Again, not me but others seemed to know.

Can’t say I did but my source did on November 2. I can’t find the thread I started stating I’d only reveal it in a pm as it qualified as a rumor. Don’t know where the thread went but I had to respond to about 100 pms. :).
I actually do remember this lol. You did call it. I thought you were crazy. Shame on me

When we Panther fans thought Rhule was to be fired last year, within a couple weeks of Trev wanting to fire Frost, the timing, in my mind, suggested Rhule might be coming to Nebraska. When Frost was actually fired, again within a short amount of time, Rhule was fired. That's when I began posting on here that Rhule could be the guy... in spite of all the rumors of other named coaches. Was I 100% sure? Nope. But knowing him at Carolina and seeing that he was still in the 'college mode' I was pretty sure he would be the guy.

One last thing. I've read many replies and posts (primarily on Twitter) where there is no difference between NFL and college coaching. Bull! Rhule loves to develop players, so think of it this way. If I'm a college player, I want a coach to get the absolute best out of me. If I'm an NFL player, I want to cash my game check with my development in the rear view mirror.

Why is Panther interim coach Steve Wilks getting more out of the Panthers? He has basically told the players that they have already been developed now get out there and do your job. He gets in their faces. Rhule wanted to develop them, Wilks will sit their butts on the bench if they don't perform.

There were dozens of predictions and wish list candidates out there over the past several weeks. Odds are fewer people were right than there were people that were wrong. Seems most folks simply said they'd support whoever ADTA picked and hoped the new coach would turn things around. Bragging rights don't really matter now.
I usually only know what is shared with me. I try to share with others on the boards because it’s usually a better and quicker way to gain information.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back