• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who else predicted Matt Rhule as the next football coach

Can’t say I did but my source did on November 2. I can’t find the thread I started stating I’d only reveal it in a pm as it qualified as a rumor. Don’t know where the thread went but I had to respond to about 100 pms. :).
I remember that thread. I did not ask you but I recall you saying you would pm it

Not me! I was totally in MJ camp. I hope he stays because he adds some stability to the program. If they don't keep him, I'm afraid there will be some mass exodus of transfers.

November 13 Matt & Julie were on campus at NU shaking hands & meeting the important people, probably about ready to finalize things (before the process hit the first snag).

So that's when I knew he was the top target & the deal was nearly done. Glad they worked it out when the last minute hurdles popped up.

Before that, I had him being a candidate, but was guessing & inferring about the pecking order.

I didn't because I don't know squat from apple butter.

Once HCMR was let go by Carolina he was my list topper, replacing Aranda (wth ever happened to that option). I just didn't think NU would be able to reel him in. Great job by Trev and all involved. Now we all know how a coaching search SHOULD be conducted.

That SI article doesn't actually say he'll be the coach. It just says add him to the list and then give some pros and cons. I remember people on here doing that right after Rhule was fired.

There was a groundswell of discussion of him on here before that. I don't know if he was first but @Doug Miller started a thread about him on Nov 11.

And I found this from Nov 4:
I am hearing a lot of skuttlebutt about Rhule. We will see!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back