• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Commits Next?

That's not accurate. Davis was recruited by Charlton Warren, but he wasn't offered until Riley was hired. He was offered in late January of 2015, a week or two before NSD. A late find.

Correct. Davis committed on February 1st. Three days before signing day in 2015. Offered on January 26th if 247 is accurate.

Last edited:

Omar Manning is the 1 piece I think we need and we need ASAP.

That's certainly what's missing on offense. Mills should be really good next year and Johnson should be much stronger. We probably still need Scott or Morrison to fill a backup role but the offensive line is on an upward trajectory. Spielman and Robinson are big weapons and hopefully this year's freshman receivers are ready to take a role. Stoll, Allen and Hickman provide good targets at TE. Two of our three quarterbacks have caught passes this year. I can even imagine a "cube" set with Martinez, McCaffrey and Vedral all on the field at the same time. We really need that big, fast outside target and the offense could be outstanding.

Of course, we probably need linebackers, especially of the outside variety, even more than Manning.

Last edited:
All signs still point to him committing to Nebraska

Has 35 catches for 727 yards and 6 TDs this season
I don’t just love the fact that he’s big, I love the fact that he’s lean and can flat out stretch the field. Been a long time since we’ve had a player like him

That's not accurate. Davis was recruited by Charlton Warren, but he wasn't offered until Riley was hired. He was offered in late January of 2015, a week or two before NSD. A late find.

Thanks I thought that was true, but I wasn’t going to look it up.

I think Nebraska cooled on him. Yes I know that's a popular narrative when you guys miss on someone (anyone). But I think the staff is happy with the two guys already committed. With Gaylord likely getting another year, I think they're going to give that scholarship once earmarked for a 3rd O-lineman to another RB, DB or WR.

I stand corrected, although i had thought maybe Charton Warren was on him when Bo was here.

OK, still a reach. So I think my point is still valid. That almost proves my point more. BP passed on a lot of kids and took chances on guys from other states that were a reach. I would take a chance on a guy instate that was a reach.

I agree that we should generally take more chances in state than out, but I don't have a huge issue with offering a guy like Davis. A lot of high end edge rushers have the same pedigree as him. He just didn't pan out -- It happens. Our problem was that we didn't have someone else to fill the spot

As much as we (myself included) like to bag on A. Davis on being a recruiting stretch, project, non-factor on the field, etc..., the fact remains that he was a 2 year starter on the D.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back