• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Commits Next?

I remember being near the sideline before the Spring Game when L. David first showed up. I looked at my son and said, WHOA! Who is THAT. Dude was a specimen. A grown man. Then he put a hit on someone and you could hear it 50 rows up. IIRC, he had been working in the oil fields. Tough.

I remember being near the sideline before the Spring Game when L. David first showed up. I looked at my son and said, WHOA! Who is THAT. Dude was a specimen. A grown man. Then he put a hit on someone and you could hear it 50 rows up. IIRC, he had been working in the oil fields. Tough.

Demario Williams was the stud JUCO LB who worked in the oil fields for a year or two before playing JUCO ball.

It’s amazing zi how some guys just look different. I remember watching Carriker and Jay Moore in their first spring game. Me and my dad both where impressed and knew they where going to be good. I don’t see that on the defense right now. For the last four years all my uncles, grandpa, and my dad have said the Davis twins aren’t good. We all could tell Alex Davis wasn’t that good. No Barry has never been good. Like I’ve said before he doesn’t ever bring the wood. He always gets pushed back. He has every year. While I appreciate what the recruiting guys do I’m not putting much stock in their opinions any longer.

This is going to sound harsh, but is there even a single decent prospect we are looking at that might commit shortly?

This is going to sound harsh, but is there even a single decent prospect we are looking at that might commit shortly?
I really have no idea. I personally think the team may just have to wait and see who is still available after the early signing period and go from there. I am torn between the arguments of "early playing time" and "they have nobody to challenge me?" Our WR's, LB's and RB's are just mind boggling bad.

It’s amazing zi how some guys just look different. I remember watching Carriker and Jay Moore in their first spring game. Me and my dad both where impressed and knew they where going to be good. I don’t see that on the defense right now. For the last four years all my uncles, grandpa, and my dad have said the Davis twins aren’t good. We all could tell Alex Davis wasn’t that good. No Barry has never been good. Like I’ve said before he doesn’t ever bring the wood. He always gets pushed back. He has every year. While I appreciate what the recruiting guys do I’m not putting much stock in their opinions any longer.

You see it a lot in baseball. A guy can look like Bo Jackson, but the ball just doesn't come off the bat with anything special. Then you see a skinny guy like Eric Davis and the ball rockets off of the bat. Similar with pitchers. A Chad Green looks like he's just tossing the ball and it runs up at 97 and rises in the zone.

Same with football, the big hitters "sound" different on impact and you can see a lot in the way the guy carries himself on the field (do they have a natural nose for the ball? do they win one-on-one battles or not?). Davis is the classic "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" guy on the field. Never wins a one-on-one battle and often disappears without anyone there. JoJo has that natural nose for the ball, but otherwise our guys don't have a lot of that presence -- not that I see.

Jamoi Hodge.

Wiltfong had his CB in and Schaefer threw his on today. OV at Arizona this past weekend and said he would be making a decision afterwards.

Same with football, the big hitters "sound" different on impact and you can see a lot in the way the guy carries himself on the field (do they have a natural nose for the ball? do they win one-on-one battles or not?). Davis is the classic "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" guy on the field. Never wins a one-on-one battle and often disappears without anyone there. JoJo has that natural nose for the ball, but otherwise our guys don't have a lot of that presence -- not that I see.

Alex Davis problem is that he is not a natural football player. He is a good athlete. He didn't even play till he was a senior in HS. He was a BBall player. He was probably a 6'4" power forward in HS. That isn't going to get much of a look unless you are really good. Think Barkley. So he goes out for football and can dominate on pure athletic ability. Mike Riley is trying to fill out a recruiting class and one of his assistants says look at this kid. He is super raw, but really athletic. Give him a scholarship and see how he develops. They took a chance. Khalil Mack was the same type of player except he really has natural football ability. He doesn't have any instincts for the game. He a has gotten better as the year has gone on, but not nearly good enough.

Then you look at Luke Riemers he has tons of instinct for the game. How does he get missed by some team. That is why I would like to see them give a scholarship to the kid from Scottsbluff. I would give Sabastian Harsh a scholarship. I get he doesn't fit their measurable profile, but he is a football player. Luke Riemers doesn't fit their profile either and he is going to be one of the true freshman to letter this year.

Alex Davis problem is that he is not a natural football player. He is a good athlete. He didn't even play till he was a senior in HS. He was a BBall player. He was probably a 6'4" power forward in HS. That isn't going to get much of a look unless you are really good. Think Barkley. So he goes out for football and can dominate on pure athletic ability. Mike Riley is trying to fill out a recruiting class and one of his assistants says look at this kid. He is super raw, but really athletic. Give him a scholarship and see how he develops. They took a chance. Khalil Mack was the same type of player except he really has natural football ability. He doesn't have any instincts for the game. He a has gotten better as the year has gone on, but not nearly good enough.

Then you look at Luke Riemers he has tons of instinct for the game. How does he get missed by some team. That is why I would like to see them give a scholarship to the kid from Scottsbluff. I would give Sabastian Harsh a scholarship. I get he doesn't fit their measurable profile, but he is a football player. Luke Riemers doesn't fit their profile either and he is going to be one of the true freshman to letter this year.
Except AD was offered by BO. Kept by HCMR

Except AD was offered by BO. Kept by HCMR

OK, still a reach. So I think my point is still valid. That almost proves my point more. BP passed on a lot of kids and took chances on guys from other states that were a reach. I would take a chance on a guy instate that was a reach.

Last edited:

OK, still a reach. So I think my point is still valid. That almost proves my point more. BP passed on a lot of kids and took chances on guys from other states that were a reach. I would take a chance on a guy instate that was a reach.

I think should have been a tight end. Not an OLB. didn't/doesnt' have the right mentality for current position.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back