• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Which Senior will the team miss the most next year?

Which Senior will the team miss the most?

• Taylor Martinez

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Jason Ankrah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ciante Evans

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Stanely J-B

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Brent Qvale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spencer Long

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Thad Randle

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Quincy Enunwa

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Ron Kellogg III

• Jerimiah Sirles

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Don't you and your ilk do the exact same thing promising a much better season next year? Or is it only Bo's stellar coaching, nothing to do with players. I appreciate your hypocricy, bu if you insist, I will miss the movers that made our running game among the best in the Big 10.

Um.......... I just thought the thread was about honoring the seniors who have had a large impact, and then posters get to debate on WHICH senior will be missed the most ?

Kind of a fun thing to do while we wait for the bowl game

What about Greg Hart (redshirt TE) being place in the role. He's a bit lighter than CC at 230 lbs and faster. We could roll out a few of the two TE sets that were displayed a few times while Reed and Cotton were here. Just a thought. I remember some saying something about Hart having decent hands as we were recruiting him.

There's a pack of young guys in the TE ranks. Will be interesting to see who emerges.

Ok, this thread has had quite a bit of activity. I learned some things. Time to summarize.

1. It looks like the biggest rebuilding challenge for the 2014 team will be the O-line and the defensive secondary. We recruited some O-linemen last year and the year before...good ones too. Will they be able to give us the run production we had this year? I think run blocking is easier to learn than pass blocking, so I think there is a good chance our run game will be excellent again next year. We have CBs waiting in the wings and we are recruiting more of them, but replacing CE and SJB will be difficult.

2. Every year we lose seniors. Johnhoie nailed it when he said that how much we miss the seniors will depend on how good the replacements are.

3. HuskerRedDread pointed out that the poll was a bad one because it belittled the seniors who did not garner many votes. I did not see it that way. I guess HRD must think that we should stop giving out the Heisman trophy because it belittles those who do not receive any votes. :rolleyes:

HRD also said that the poll was bogus because Ron Kellogg had nearly as many votes as Martinez. HRD...you misread it...right now TM has 54 votes to RK's 4.

All of the seniors I listed were significant contributors to the team and they all deserve recognition for their accomplishments. Anyone who can play DIV 1 football is an exceptional athlete. I applaud all of them and wish them well.

4. The thread got off track with discussions about Bo Pelini's ability to mold his young talent into something special next year. I think Bo's teams need to play with more discipline and focus and fewer unforced errors. Oftentimes his offense & defense have to call time outs because they aren't ready to play. That needs to be cleaned up. But Bo has another year to get things squared away. Some don't believe he has the right stuff. Myself, since Bo is our guy, I am going to be optimistic and hopeful that he can create something special next year. If he doesn't, then I will be disappointed at that time...but not now.

Bo gained more credit with me when he decided to let Jack Hoffman run for a touchdown than he lost when he acted like a jerk at the Iowa game. The Jack Hoffman episode tells me that although Bo has a bad temper (Hey Bo, there are anger management classes), he also has a good heart (sometimes).

5. In conclusion, we will be replacing many seniors who were starters this year, but as I said in my OP, I think most of them are typical DIV 1 players...not elite ones. That being the case, I think we shoould be able to adequately replace them next year, and the impact of losing them should be quite minimal. Hopefully we will see some real difference-makers join the starting line up next year. Newby and Love at LB? Stanton or Armstrong at QB? Another RB? Some outstanding new O-linemen? A new receiver? Who knows? But as Husker fans, as a general rule, we will be drinking the kool-aid between now and next September, and we will have some fun imagining all of the wonderful (but unrealistic) possibilities.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back