• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Which Senior will the team miss the most next year?

Which Senior will the team miss the most?

• Taylor Martinez

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Jason Ankrah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ciante Evans

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Stanely J-B

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Brent Qvale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spencer Long

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Thad Randle

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Quincy Enunwa

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Ron Kellogg III

• Jerimiah Sirles

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who "replaces" C. Evans next year?

As I posted above who replaces Ciante's "brain" and football knowledge and level of understanding of Bo's defense. Who will be next years field general on defense ????

I thought it was the middle linebacker's job to line up the defense...a LB is always the QB of the defense.... and we have experienced guys returning there. Someone will replace Evans; someone new will get their opportunity. At this point we can't know how good his replacement will be....we might be pleasantly surprised.

I say Spencer Long. The defense should be fine next year with a solid defensive line, experienced linebackers, and a young but capable secondary. The defensive line will help cover up losing Evans leadership.

Where we will be hurting is the offensive line and losing an all conference performer will hurt. Thus I had rather have Spencer Long back next year (full speed of course) over Evans.

We won't miss any of them. The Bo-pologists promise breathtaking talent that will take us to a one loss season.

We won't miss any of them. The Bo-pologists promise breathtaking talent that will take us to a one loss season.

Appreciate your unique and special analytic skills in providing this intriguing insight into a thread honoring the contributions of several of the seniors.

Last edited:

I just gotta shoutout to Sirles, Qvale, Pensick and Rodriquez. Abdullah doesn't rush for 1600 yards without those O-line guys doing their jobs, play after play, with very little fanfare.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I gotta go with this

This post drips with bitterness. But I'm going to take the bait.

I'm far from a "Bo-pologist." My position is and always has been that it would be a huge mistake to change head coaches at this point in time. One of the reasons I feel that way is the fact that we are poised for a pretty special season in 2014, and a change at the top had the potential to disrupt that special season.

Frostfan believes differently I guess. But he hopes he's wrong. Ugh. To each his own. Go Big Red.

Back on topic, I voted for Enunwa. While we have other good receivers, none of them have the size and unique skills that Quincy has. He's a one of a kind. It's been a pleasure watching him play.

Last edited:
This post drips with bitterness. But I'm going to take the bait.

I'm far from a "Bo-pologist." My position is and always has been that it would be a huge mistake to change head coaches at this point in time. One of the reasons I feel that way is the fact that we are poised for a pretty special season in 2014, and a change at the top had the potential to disrupt that special season.

Frostfan believes differently I guess. But he hopes he's wrong. Ugh. To each his own. Go Big Red.

Back on topic, I voted for Enunwa. While we have other good receivers, none of them have the size and unique skills that Quincy has.

:spitdrink:

Appreciate your unique and special analytic skills in providing this intriguing insight into a thread honoring the contributions of several of the seniors.

Wow. Don't you and your ilk do the exact same thing promising a much better season next year? Or is it only Bo's stellar coaching, nothing to do with players. I appreciate your hypocricy, bu if you insist, I will miss the movers that made our running game among the best in the Big 10.

the fact that we are poised for a pretty special season in 2014, and a change at the top had the potential to disrupt that special season.

I don't know that it's "fact" ... it's fact if after the fact, it happened that way. :)

I will say this, though. I don't think Bo has had a better collection of talent on both sides of the ball than what he'll have in 2014 (at least matching what he had his first 2-3 seasons, potentially more). He'll have the players. The Big Ten is still not likely to be a juggernaut to navigate. There's definitely pieces in place where expectations should be as high as they've ever been in the Pelini era. I've already sent away the order for 100,000 Husker t-shirts that will read, "2014 Huskers: No Excuses."

Quincy, despite his faults. He is twice the receiver Paul ever was and look at how long he has played in the league. Gonna miss him, along with others....

Paul? As in Niles Paul? This is a statement that can be shown as a poster child for opinions, because isn't an aspect of the game of QE that show cases him as twice the receiver Paul ever was. I love QE but Paul despite his faults and the ridicule he got/gets from Husker fans, was a great player and he saved our tail more times than not. (Missouri '09, Okie Lite '10).

I don't know that it's "fact" ... it's fact if after the fact, it happened that way. :)

I will say this, though. I don't think Bo has had a better collection of talent on both sides of the ball than what he'll have in 2014 (at least matching what he had his first 2-3 seasons, potentially more). He'll have the players. The Big Ten is still not likely to be a juggernaut to navigate. There's definitely pieces in place where expectations should be as high as they've ever been in the Pelini era. I've already sent away the order for 100,000 Husker t-shirts that will read, "2014 Huskers: No Excuses."

After they bomb next year he'll say he knew it would be a tough season because of the losses on the offensive line, just like he's saying he knew this current season would be rough because of the front seven on defense. It's easy to be right all the time after the "fact."

The fact that we are "poised." Based on your follow up post, it appears that you agree with me that we are poised for a pretty special season. In fact, I might even go as far as stating that it is a fact, Jack. You don't need to be coy, Roy. Just listen to me. Now jump on the bus, Gus.

Who "replaces" C. Evans next year?

As I posted above who replaces Ciante's "brain" and football knowledge and level of understanding of Bo's defense. Who will be next years field general on defense ????

I would like the field general to come from the MIKE LB. We have Michael Rose who will have be coming to his 3rd fall camp in Lincoln next year. Also, the return of Trevor Roach (he is a great player and I still think he should have seen the field a lot more than he did during the '12 season). If we are looking at athleticism to replace C.Evans in the secondary, we have a few players that can match or excel in that area next season like CJax or a couple of the redshirt guys like Boaz Joseph, maybe put some pure speed on the field with young Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back