• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Which EV are you leaning towards?

Interesting that EV fever seems to be declining.

Ford is re-calibrating it's Ford Lightning production, etc.

I've had an EV - a Chevy Volt - we loved it because it had the gas engine backup. Without that backup, I'm afraid I would have "charge anxiety" a lot of the time, particularly when it gets bitterly cold. I think the EV market is going to be limited until you can 1) Buy a really nice one in the $30s, and 2) It goes 600-800 miles on a charge.

Interesting that EV fever seems to be declining.

Ford is re-calibrating it's Ford Lightning production, etc.

I've had an EV - a Chevy Volt - we loved it because it had the gas engine backup. Without that backup, I'm afraid I would have "charge anxiety" a lot of the time, particularly when it gets bitterly cold. I think the EV market is going to be limited until you can 1) Buy a really nice one in the $30s, and 2) It goes 600-800 miles on a charge.
And there's actually an infrastructure set up for charging which is miles down the road, so to speak.

They’ve got some nice gas generators on sale at lowes. I’m wondering if you could just fill one of those up, put it in the Tesla trunk, and have it for back up?

If you get low on charge, start the gas generator, plug in the car, and continue on your way ?

Might need to bungee cord the trunk down if it’s plugged in whilst driving. Have a spare can or two of gas for the generator and you’re all set.

Last edited:

They’ve got some nice gas generators on sale at lowes. I’m wondering if you could just fill one of those up, put it in the Tesla trunk, and have it for back up?

If you get low on charge, start the gas generator, plug in the car, and continue on your way ?

Might need to bungee cord the trunk down if it’s plugged in whilst driving. Have a spare can or two of gas for the generator and you’re all set.
It's really not that different from what people in the early 1900s had to think about when taking a road trip in their new-fangled automobiles.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back