• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Which EV are you leaning towards?

I think I am leaning towards either a Kia EV6, or this guy.

There is a lot to like about the Fisker from a design stand point but his track record with engineering them is suspect. Hopefully Magna (his manufacture and drive train developer) will help him get past that.

I like the Kia EV6 but Hyndia and Kia ICE have never been great cars. Per capita, you are more like to have your ICE Hyndia or Kia catch on fire and the interiors don't wear well over time (a lot of former owners complain that they are uncomfortable to drive). Ride and comfort are subjective but my experience renting them is they look well worn only after a few miles...and they are uncomfortable in seating and layout. I really do like how the EV6 looks. Haven't sat in one but have walked around a few. It is a sharp-looking car and I have heard good things about the performance.

If I was buying today it would be a Tesla Model 3. It is the most proven platform out there but more importantly, it has the most stable and available charging infrastructure. If charging infrastructure wasn't an issue (and money wasn't an issue) I would buy a Lucid Air.

I am waiting and saving to buy in 2023/24 either an Aptera 400 or Canoo Pickup...depends on what I am looking for at the time. If I still have my SUV probably the Canoo but if I trade in my SUV for a pickup Aptera. EV is always going to be a second car for me.

There is a lot to like about the Fisker from a design stand point but his track record with engineering them is suspect. Hopefully Magna (his manufacture and drive train developer) will help him get past that.

I like the Kia EV6 but Hyndia and Kia ICE have never been great cars. Per capita, you are more like to have your ICE Hyndia or Kia catch on fire and the interiors don't wear well over time (a lot of former owners complain that they are uncomfortable to drive). Ride and comfort are subjective but my experience renting them is they look well worn only after a few miles...and they are uncomfortable in seating and layout. I really do like how the EV6 looks. Haven't sat in one but have walked around a few. It is a sharp-looking car and I have heard good things about the performance.

If I was buying today it would be a Tesla Model 3. It is the most proven platform out there but more importantly, it has the most stable and available charging infrastructure. If charging infrastructure wasn't an issue (and money wasn't an issue) I would buy a Lucid Air.

I am waiting and saving to buy in 2023/24 either an Aptera 400 or Canoo Pickup...depends on what I am looking for at the time. If I still have my SUV probably the Canoo but if I trade in my SUV for a pickup Aptera. EV is always going to be a second car for me.

The weird thing is, the Kia seems to be the car of the wealthy.. More specifically the Telluride.. Have a buddy who lives out in Park City Utah, very well to do area, and those are a fairly normal cars out there. I agree on the Model 3, and for us it would be a car my wife drives to work, she only drives 80 miles a day, but she occasionally has to drive to Kearney.. that is one reason I wanted a 300 mile+ EV. The good thing is there are charging stations near the conference center she goes to out there..

The Aptera... I just don't know yet about that. I am not fond of the look. My move to EV won't be this year, unless the election doesn't go the way people are thinking. The reason for that is, the push for getting rid of ICE will ramp up dramatically, in my opinion, and I don't want to be stuck with a car that has zero value as a trade. Of course that is also based on fuel prices going back up... and I believe it most certainly will.

Last edited:

I think I am leaning towards either a Kia EV6, or this guy.

There was a Fisker dealer where I bought a car a while back and I really liked them but I wasn’t ready to get to serious about electric at the time. Good looking cars.
DD80DE7F-4F34-4C44-AAC7-957F348C653A.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is my EV..

ok, I won't be buying a 75k EV any time soon, but I really like this one. He starts talking 16 minutes in

Last edited:

I had high hopes for this one when I saw them at a convention years ago but I’m not sure if they will ever get one on the market at this point.

photo I took of their mock-up in 2016
3A39265C-459D-4F8F-93BF-14298E3CA60E.jpeg

Last edited:
I had high hopes for this one when I saw them at a convention years ago but I’m not sure if they will ever get one on the market at this point.

photo I took of their mock-up in 2016
View attachment 89409
They are failing big time... a lot of flash not a lot of substance.

US startups worth betting on (IMO)

Tesla
Lucid
Rivian
Canoo
Aptera

Pretty much in that order.

My son recently bought a Tesla. Not sure of the model, I think it is a Y, but it is supposedly their SUV. None of them look like an SUV. To me, they all look exactly the same other than color. The only thing he did right was to not buy a white one. His is dark gray. Pricing is ridiculous. I guess I am too old to get excited about an EV and I sure don't want to deal with the charging issue. I'll stick with my Honda CR-V until it isn't driveable anymore for one reason or another.

Last edited:
They are failing big time... a lot of flash not a lot of substance.

US startups worth betting on (IMO)

Tesla
Lucid
Rivian
Canoo
Aptera

Pretty much in that order.
I see some Rivian around here and like the way they look. Small but probably the right size for my needs but one of those that I would have a hard time justifying paying the price they want.

some of the others are very good looking but at those costs I don’t see them stay in business long. Maybe they can figure out what delorian couldn’t.

I forgot, I might be interested in buying a Porsche Taycan as my first electric car. I didn’t like the looks of it when I first saw one but now that I see more on the road it is really growing on me.

9FBBE503-8DB8-46DF-A2C7-819C5B97BCA5.jpeg

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back