• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Which B1G Game Are You Most Excited For?

Which Big Ten team are you most excited to play in 2012?

• Wisconsin

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • @ Ohio State

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • @ Northwestern

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • @ Michigan State

• Penn State

• Minnesota

• @ Iowa

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big Ten in general has a much more thrilling schedule than the Big XII ever did. Part of that is because generally the Big XII North was a two-horse race (Nebraska and either Tigers/Buffs) and the Big XII South was usually steamrolled by either UT or OU. Very rarely were Texas and Oklahoma BOTH amazing in the same season.

Check out all this Pigskin Eye-Candy for 2012! Every week has at least 2 or 3 great games, except for a few thin weeks. But those still feature blockbusters like Michigan-Notre Dame or Nebraska-Ohio State.

Great season of football coming!

Week 1(Alabama @ UM) (Boise State @ MSU)
Week 2(NEB @ UCLA) (IOWA @ Iowa State) (Purdue @ Notre Dame)
Week 3(Notre Dame @ MSU) (Cal @ OSU) (PSU @ Navy)
Week 4(UM @ Notre Dame)
Week 5(MSU @ OSU) (UW @ NEB)
Week 6(NEB @ OSU)
Week 7(ILLN @ UM) (IOWA @ MSU)
Week 8(PSU @ IOWA) (MSU @ UM)
Week 9(UM @ NEB) (MSU @ UW) (OSU @ PSU)
Week 10(NEB @ MSU) (ILLN @ OSU)
Week 11(PSU 2 NEB) (PU @ IOWA)
Week 12(IOWA @ UM) (OSU @ UW)
Week 13(IOWA @ NEB) (UM @ OSU) (UW @ PSU)

<tbody>
</tbody>

Urban Meyer is the only coach in the conference who I consider truly great. 2 national titles, another undefeated season, and a heisman winner. I'm interested in seeing how Pelini stacks up. Historically, Pelini's defenses have done pretty good against UM.
So, I wanna see the huskers in the shoe.

Last edited:

EVERY home game since this is my first season with season tickets! I'm so stoked!!

When's Formo going to show up and at least get in one vote for his Gophers?

lol I've been hella busy with work and playing Diablo3, completely been neglecting both HM and GopherHole lately. But, I got my vote in! =)

Outside of the obvious Minnesota game.. I'd say I'm most excited for your games versus Michigan and Wisky. scUM because, well, both our squads got smooshed against them in The Big House last year and I would like to see a competitive game. And Wisky because, well.. 'Better Dead Than Red' NOTE: That's Wisky red, not Neb Scarlet. =)

NU did not beat itself. UM kicked the crap out of them. NU's D could not stop UM and NU's offense couldn't make a play against the UM D if its life depended on it (3 third down coversions???) Oh, and UM's special teams also outplayed NU's, so I guess special teams did also contribute to the defeat, as was suggested.

Is that clear enough? :)

UNL fans have long had the reputation of never believing another team beat the Huskers. They always and only beat themselves. That certainly applies to what I have read on here so far this offseason about all of last year's losses.

I was in the Big House. I saw the horrible push off on Dennard that wasn't called. It was right in front of me! The totally blown call on the roughing the punter penalty was 20 yards in front of me! Those calls go the other way, different game. The snowball started rolling down the hill. When you have 115,000 (95,000 Michigan) screaming fans loving every screw up we had, including the 2, yes 2!!! fumbled kickoff returns, things can get tough. We gave them every opportunity to blow us out and they sure did. Time to return the favor this year. Tickets in section 107, plane tickets are bought, room reserved, I'll be in the house!!
GBR

Wisconsin. Because that game could very well set the tone for the rest of the season. It's a "can't lose" game -- especially with the trip to Columbus the following week. The Michigan game may excite me more -- but let's say the Huskers are 1-2 (or God help us if we're 0-3) and Michigan is rolling into town. It certainly wouldn't have the same level of excitement as the Huskers going into that game undefeated.

Wisconsin- I got my tickets. I'll be there with 3 daughters and one son-in-law (his first ever d-1 game). We'll be better, it's our turf, and we got humiliated last year. Recipe for a good tussle.

Michigan

1) I will be there with my Michigan football buddy. Good road trip (I live in Michigan).
2) I attended the game in Ann Arbor last year - very long 3.5 hours. Fans not too bad, but just embarrassing the way NU played. I think they felt sorry for me.
3) Michigan will be the presumptive favorite for the division.
4) It's Michigan - I think they may become NU's biggest rival (Ohio STate will always be Michigan's biggest rival). Michigan will have Notre Dame, MSU, and now possible NU as big game rivals.

Last edited:
NU did not beat itself. UM kicked the crap out of them. NU's D could not stop UM and NU's offense couldn't make a play against the UM D if its life depended on it (3 third down coversions???) Oh, and UM's special teams also outplayed NU's, so I guess special teams did also contribute to the defeat, as was suggested.

Is that clear enough? :)

UNL fans have long had the reputation of never believing another team beat the Huskers. They always and only beat themselves. That certainly applies to what I have read on here so far this offseason about all of last year's losses.

"It's like that friend who's an a- h o l e, but he's our a- h o l e."

:Biggrin:

Last edited:

While I chose Wisconsin because it could set the tone for the season, I hope for a good showing against the Michigan rodents. I was also in Ann Arbor, what a disappointing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back