• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Which B1G Game Are You Most Excited For?

Which Big Ten team are you most excited to play in 2012?

• Wisconsin

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • @ Ohio State

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • @ Northwestern

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • @ Michigan State

• Penn State

• Minnesota

• @ Iowa

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Which B1G Ten conference opponent are you most looking forward to? Revenge against Wisconsin, Michigan or Northwestern? Excited for the trip to the Horseshoe? The pink visiting team locker rooms in Iowa City?

09/29WisconsinLincoln
10/06Ohio StateColumbus, OH
10/20NorthwesternEvanston, IL
10/27MichiganLincoln
11/03Michigan StateEast Lansing, MI
11/10Penn StateLincoln
11/17MinnesotaLincoln
11/23IowaIowa City, IA

<tbody>
</tbody>

----EDIT----
I fully expect the smartass replies of, "I'm most excited for the Big Ten Championship." Whatever, you guys all know what I meant. Just trying to get out ahead of the threadjackers. ;)

Last edited:

For me, it's gotta be Michigan.

While I look forward to payback against Northwestern and Wisconsin, I feel like in the Michigan game we really stubbed our own toe with special teams miscues. I also think that the Badgers and Wildcats stand to be a little less good than they were last year, but Michigan figures to be just as good if not better.

Shoelace and crew will be hard to stop offensively and I think that the Blackshirts should be in fighting form by that game. It also marks a crucial time in the Legends Division when the three frontrunners (NU, Mich, MSU) all play each other in a 3 week stretch. If we can come away with a win against the Wolverines, we'll have momentum and probably control our own destiny heading into East Lansing. A loss to the Big Blue means that we'll have to crawl out of a hole and I fear that morale could be low for the next week date with Sparty.

you need to add the option: "The Next One" so I'll go with Wisconsin. It would probably be easier to ask for the least, and that would be Minnesota as all the others offer something to get excited about

Michigan -- I don't know why, but I love to hate the maize and blue -- probably has something to do with the '97 season

Wisconsin, because we will learn alot about ourselves and the chances for a B1G title run based on how well we start the conference play against a team likely ranked in the top ten. I also hope to be there.

Last edited:
I voted Wisconsin as I am really anxious to see if there was truly an adjustment with the changing of conferences, or if other teams were that much better than us. I think it was somewhat a mixture sprinkling in injuries and another new offensive coordinator.

We handle Wisconsin I think it will set us up well. But Michigan and Ohio St are two of the games I have us losing next year, and I think the Wisky game will show me what we are looking at with our team...

I feel like in the Michigan game we really stubbed our own toe with special teams miscues.

Special teams miscues???

NU UM

14 24 First Downs
138 238 Yards Rushing
122 180 Yards Passing
260 418 Total Yards
54 80 Total Offense Plays
3:44 11:16 1st Q possession time
4:46 10:14 2nd Q possession time
5:31 9:21 3rd Q possession time
4:38 10:22 4th Q possession time
18:39 41:13 Total possession time
3/13 8/18 Third down conversions

I see denial is not just a river in Africa! ;)

Last edited:
Special teams miscues???

NU UM

14 24 First Downs
138 238 Yards Rushing
122 180 Yards Passing
260 418 Total Yards
54 80 Total Offense Plays
3:44 11:16 1st Q possession time
4:46 10:14 2nd Q possession time
5:31 9:21 3rd Q possession time
4:38 10:22 4th Q possession time
18:39 41:13 Total possession time
3/13 8/18 Third down conversions

I see denial is not just a river in Africa! ;)

Special Teams miscues definetely contributed to them having more yards, first downs, greater time of posession, etc... I don't know what you are getting at?

I don't know what you are getting at?

NU did not beat itself. UM kicked the crap out of them. NU's D could not stop UM and NU's offense couldn't make a play against the UM D if its life depended on it (3 third down coversions???) Oh, and UM's special teams also outplayed NU's, so I guess special teams did also contribute to the defeat, as was suggested.

Is that clear enough? :)

UNL fans have long had the reputation of never believing another team beat the Huskers. They always and only beat themselves. That certainly applies to what I have read on here so far this offseason about all of last year's losses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back