• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

where we expect to be

Pookey

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
So we end our non-con schedule 9-4. Is that where everyone expected the team to be?

I think we could have done better, but I'm not completely disappointed because I think our players are playing hard and getting better.

Thoughts?

We haven't beaten anybody you wouldn't expect to beat, not just this season, but any season in the past! That's a sign of progress? Where is your 9th win coming from?

No bad losses. No impressive wins. A couple decent wins. That's about what I'd expect right now. There will be a lot of chances in the Big 10 to pick up impressive wins and they will get a couple.

I don't think anyone believed the team would be undefeated, so we are who we are! The only disappointing game was the Creighton game. The others, they were in. Just need to start playing smarter. Since they are not a great team, Coach Miles needs to figure out a way to get them motivated for every game.

We haven't beaten anybody you wouldn't expect to beat, not just this season, but any season in the past! That's a sign of progress? Where is your 9th win coming from?

wasn't our win this week 9? I thought I counted correctly.

I was correct of 9 wins.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=22&SPID=24

Last edited:

Was this supposed to be on the football board?

You are consistent, I give you that. Doesn't matter how long the coach has been here. :)

So we end our non-con schedule 9-4. Is that where everyone expected the team to be?

I think we could have done better, but I'm not completely disappointed because I think our players are playing hard and getting better.

Thoughts?

I must be missing something.. I only count 3 L's

We are 8-3 as of right now. UNK was an exhibition.

I think we should have beaten UAB, but they are young team.. We only have 2 seniors..

Last edited:

I like what I have seen and where we are at is probably about right.

I see progress.
I see the team listining to the coach.
I see adjustments.
I see desire to play hard and win for the most part.
I see a bunch of guys that have not had a lot of playing time together learning how to work with each other.
I see some bone headed play at times that I think will improve based on the above.

Biggest disappoint so far this year. The first half against Creighton and the game overall I guess.
Biggest surprise so far. The first game at PBA where we played well and won solid not knowing much about how these guys would play together for the first time.

Last edited:
I must be missing something.. I only count 3 L's

We are 8-3 as of right now. UNK was an exhibition.

I think we should have beaten UAB, but they are young team.. We only have 2 seniors..

You are correct. We are 8-3 right now, though the chances are pretty good we will be 8-4 after the Cincinnati game on Saturday.

You are correct. We are 8-3 right now, though the chances are pretty good we will be 8-4 after the Cincinnati game on Saturday.

Its funny that people here will complain about 8-4 despite the fact that the program was in shambles two seasons ago and yet over on the football board, that same record is celebrated by some.

So just because it was an exhibition game, means we can't claim the win? 9-3 in my book!!

Since the odds for losing at Cincy are 999-1, we will start the conference season at 8-4, losses to Ohio State and Iowa have same 999-1 odds, so we will be 8-6 before our first conference home game. 4-14 in the conference is optimistic, I think, so with a loss in the conference tourney, we will be about 12-19 when the season mercifully ends. That won't even qualify us for one of those embarrassing also-ran tourneys they have created for the mediocre teams.

Ho-hum, did someone say deja vu?

Since the odds for losing at Cincy are 999-1, we will start the conference season at 8-4, losses to Ohio State and Iowa have same 999-1 odds, so we will be 8-6 before our first conference home game. 4-14 in the conference is optimistic, I think, so with a loss in the conference tourney, we will be about 12-19 when the season mercifully ends. That won't even qualify us for one of those embarrassing also-ran tourneys they have created for the mediocre teams.

Ho-hum, did someone say deja vu?

I'm a little more optimistic than that. I think the record in conference will start out ugly but I think we will be close to .500. Anywhere from 7-10 to 9-9 IMO. This team is young but has more talent than I have seen since Danny Nee was here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back