• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

where are we at with the roster?

Posted Today (4/16/24) just for what its worth in case some previously mentioned names don't pan out!
(of course several won't, just because of the number of prospects)

Last edited:

Three are committed (Andrew Morgan, Rollie Worster & Gavin Griffiths); Four More to Go!
:Gobigred:

Last edited:

Anyone heard where Josiah Dotzler is considering? Another Belleview West grad wouldn't hurt.

1713807645391.png

Last edited:
I think it's more a representation of the developmental path in college basketball, and how everyone misses the late bloomers, not just a Nebraska thing. Mark Sears (Ohio to Bama) Scheirmann and Ashworth at Creighton (South Dakota and Utah St) Dalton Knecht (Northern Colorado to Tennesse) Max Abmas (Oral Roberts to Texas) to name a few. 12 out of the top 20 prospects on this list are transfering from mid-majors or lower https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...yers-as-bensley-joseph-commits-to-providence/

It sucks for the NDSU and SDSUs of the world that they'll probably never keep their talent anymore, but it's good for us.
I still wanted Baylor S. recruited as a QB! - 6’6”, great athlete, big arm and competitive as can be!

Interesting Roster Makeup this last transfer leaves Huskers with 11 on Scholarship,7 srs and 4 underclassmen. With the Portal i wonder if this isn't going to be the new Model.Reload each year with experienced guys who've proven themselves at Mid majors and Power 5 players looking for a better situation.

So it looks like right now we're looking at something like this:
1: Ulis, Worster
2: Williams, Janowski, Hoiberg
3: Gary, Essegian
4: Griffiths
5: Morgan, Meah

I think that rotation can work as is but my two biggest questions would be:
1) Can we find another guy who can play the 4? Griffiths and Gary can both definitely play there, but not sure if they will have the bulk in a lot of matchups, and I don't see Morgan and Meah being able to play at the same time. Maybe that Turkish kid that's been linked to us or Bolis as a PWO can fill that role?
2) If we can fill the scoring void from Keisei? I'm optimistic on this one. I think Williams can take another step, Ulis can hopefully add some more ability to get into the lane to slash and kick, and then Essegian and/or Griffiths can fill more of the shooting void. No one is Keisei, but I feel good about the group effort to replace him.

So it looks like right now we're looking at something like this:
1: Ulis, Worster
2: Williams, Janowski, Hoiberg
3: Gary, Essegian
4: Griffiths
5: Morgan, Meah

I think that rotation can work as is but my two biggest questions would be:
1) Can we find another guy who can play the 4? Griffiths and Gary can both definitely play there, but not sure if they will have the bulk in a lot of matchups, and I don't see Morgan and Meah being able to play at the same time. Maybe that Turkish kid that's been linked to us or Bolis as a PWO can fill that role?
2) If we can fill the scoring void from Keisei? I'm optimistic on this one. I think Williams can take another step, Ulis can hopefully add some more ability to get into the lane to slash and kick, and then Essegian and/or Griffiths can fill more of the shooting void. No one is Keisei, but I feel good about the group effort to replace him.
Lots wrong with this

essegian is 6 4 and would play 2

Griffiths is a very clear 3 not 4 and Gary has played a lot of 4, they are reversed

Morgan will clearly play some 4 and some 5

SO
1 Uhlis, worster
2 williams jano essegian hoiberg
3 griffiths williams gary frager (could play)
4 gary morgan
5 meah morgan
So youre right tho, in that we need another 4 or another 5
If we had another 5, morgan and gary could handle the 4

Lots wrong with this

essegian is 6 4 and would play 2

Griffiths is a very clear 3 not 4 and Gary has played a lot of 4, they are reversed

Morgan will clearly play some 4 and some 5

SO
1 Uhlis, worster
2 williams jano essegian hoiberg
3 griffiths williams gary frager (could play)
4 gary morgan
5 meah morgan
So youre right tho, in that we need another 4 or another 5
If we had another 5, morgan and gary could handle the 4
Yeah I was just trying to keep it simple by only putting guys on 1 line, and I already had 3 guys on the 2 line so shifted Essegian down. Probably shoulda switched Gary and Griffiths too, I just think Gary's looked better as a 3 than a 4 so gave him the priority there. Might have been wishcasting a little bit with playing Griffiths there as I think our offense works way better when we have a 4 or a 5 who can shoot, which without Mast I don't know if we have.

I'm curious what makes you more confident about Morgan playing the 4? From the highlights I've seen he seems more like the Walker/Mast 5 type Fred likes, and I had worries about his quickness as a 4.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back