• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

where are we at with the roster?

70county

Scout Team
20 Year Member
With the departure of key rotational staples in Keisei Tominaga and Josiah Allick to graduation, CJ Wilcher to the Portal, where do we stand going into next season? Is there any reason to expect any more loses from the returning rotation... Lawerance, Gary, Williams, Mast, Hoiberg? It seems we had a pretty regular 8 man rotation that is now down to 5. i would expect some of our own portal shopping along with any recruits coming in as well as guys moving into bigger roles. Guys i remember seeing Diop, Jacobsen.. Ahron Ulis should jump into the mix.
What should we expect from recruits Janowski and Frager? Are they potential early contributors?

Good Questions. There are rumors there might be one more departure, although not in the five rotational players you mention (Laurence, Gary, Williams, Mast & Hoiberg). Any loss there would be a surprise (and a big hole to fill).

As expected the portal is really active now (over a thousand I've read), and I believe we have reached out to a lot of them; far too many to list here (that is even if I knew :Lol: ). Some of the most likely ones, that can be independently verified (i.e. Twitter, sportswriters, etc) have their own threads in the forum.

With his 23 wins and appearance in the NCAA tournament, Fred Hoiberg should be in an even better position than last year to attract talent in the portal. (Fred mentioned in a press conference that last year's end of season run helped to attract the transfers he has on the current roster and we all know how that turned out.) The only thing we can do at this point is: Stay-Tuned!

From what I can gather, Both Janowski and Frager are highly-regarded recruits, though I believe Janowski is more likely to be an early contributor. Frager may red-shirt.

I don't believe anyone knows the status of Ahron Ulis, i.e. when will he be eligible to play.

With the departure of key rotational staples in Keisei Tominaga and Josiah Allick to graduation, CJ Wilcher to the Portal, where do we stand going into next season? Is there any reason to expect any more loses from the returning rotation... Lawerance, Gary, Williams, Mast, Hoiberg? It seems we had a pretty regular 8 man rotation that is now down to 5. i would expect some of our own portal shopping along with any recruits coming in as well as guys moving into bigger roles. Guys i remember seeing Diop, Jacobsen.. Ahron Ulis should jump into the mix.
What should we expect from recruits Janowski and Frager? Are they potential early contributors?
I don't know, but Hoiberg has a huge job ahead of him.

Good Questions. There are rumors there might be one more departure, although not in the five rotational players you mention (Laurence, Gary, Williams, Mast & Hoiberg). Any loss there would be a surprise (and a big hole to fill).

As expected the portal is really active now (over a thousand I've read), and I believe we have reached out to a lot of them; far too many to list here (that is even if I knew :Lol: ). Some of the most likely ones, that can be independently verified (i.e. Twitter, sportswriters, etc) have their own threads in the forum.

With his 23 wins and appearance in the NCAA tournament, Fred Hoiberg should be in an even better position than last year to attract talent in the portal. (Fred mentioned in a press conference that last year's end of season run helped to attract the transfers he has on the current roster and we all know how that turned out.) The only thing we can do at this point is: Stay-Tuned!

From what I can gather, Both Janowski and Frager are highly-regarded recruits, though I believe Janowski is more likely to be an early contributor. Frager may red-shirt.

I don't believe anyone knows the status of Ahron Ulis, i.e. when will he be eligible to play.
Frager reclassed from 2025 to 2024, it sounds like something would really have to change for him to not redshirt. Hopefully Nebraska can get one or more of the players who played high school ball in Omaha to transfer to Lincoln. Would be amazing if Tarris Reed from Michigan wanted to come play for Fred as well.

I don't believe anyone knows the status of Ahron Ulis, i.e. when will he be eligible to play
I thought all that broke mid season and the debate was weather he’d start playing or just redshirt since it was so late in the season. I’ll look for a link to add if I find something.

I have faith in Fred. Nebraska went from the worst 3 pt shooting to one of the best. Same with free throws. He will address rebounding for next season. Nebraska is suddenly an attractive place to play with the facilities and the fans being the two greatest draws.

I look at the CJ thing as a positive. Good defensive player, plenty of energy but he is just not the shooter he thinks he is. Yes he had a couple of good games in January but I started seeing him as a rally killer, missing 3's when the other huskers were rolling.

I know everyone was excited, as they should be, that Fred got COY, but that doesn't mean anything going forward. It will probably help some in recruiting, but he still has a big job ahead. Nothing has changed there.

I think it was mentioned previously, NU has had coaches that got COY, that later were fired.. hard work ahead. I am hopeful that Fred can keep this going.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back