• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked When is the "Official" cut off date for Charles Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbie's Daddy

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
I know he is still waiting on the Clearinghouse to clear that math class, but how long can they hold out? They are keeping him from his future, whether it is at DONU or JUCO.

Can they hold out till the first of Sept. before announcing?

Last edited:

I am hearing that we should have an answer within the week....it appears he did everything right as perscribed by his coaches and school....as HIO pointed out, a week or so ago, the NCAA is making an issue over a class he took last summer....everyone seems to think the class is good....the NCAA Clearing House is undecided....

He has to be on campus and enrolled for fall classes by August 29 (last day for late registration)....there was hope he might have an immediate impact this fall....that is looking less likely unless he gets on campus in the next week or so....

Last edited:
Wow.....so does the Clearinghouse even try to work with a kid for there education. If everyone else is giving the kid a green light because he has done what is asked, what's taking them so long to allow the kid to atleast enroll for his classes. Being undecided to me sounds like they're being "judging" rather than following a rule book. Lets say decide he is cleared Sept 3rd. Does he have to wait a semester before enrolls into school and wouldn't be apart of the team until winter and spring camp?

They are never fast....in fairness to them he was the one who needed to get this done on time like the vast majority of our commits did.....so he has no one to blame but himself having to take another class this summer...so its on him in my opinion....

Wow.....so does the Clearinghouse even try to work with a kid for there education. If everyone else is giving the kid a green light because he has done what is asked, what's taking them so long to allow the kid to atleast enroll for his classes. Being undecided to me sounds like they're being "judging" rather than following a rule book. Lets say decide he is cleared Sept 3rd. Does he have to wait a semester before enrolls into school and wouldn't be apart of the team until winter and spring camp?

Last edited:
Wow.....so does the Clearinghouse even try to work with a kid for there education. If everyone else is giving the kid a green light because he has done what is asked, what's taking them so long to allow the kid to at least enroll for his classes. Being undecided to me sounds like they're being "judging" rather than following a rule book. Lets say decide he is cleared Sept 3rd. Does he have to wait a semester before enrolls into school and wouldn't be apart of the team until winter and spring camp?
Well I can tell you from looking through the process for my son, what qualifies without question from the Clearinghouse for the core classes is pretty well known in the Klein district (they are specifically listed by the NCAA - there are probably over a hundred kids in the district every year that receive athletic scholarships). It is when you try to pass off classes they haven't reviewed before or slip in a non-college prep math class that you get into trouble. If you did Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II you would have zero problems. I would surmise that he has a non-standard class and the NCAA puts those at the bottom of the pile. Don't blame the NCAA, it has to come down to the school counselors, HS Coach and the kid. He has been known to be a prospect for a long time, and this should have all been in order. From a fairness perspective, there is no reason to jump him to the front of the line because he is a big time prospect and a football player. Why should he jump ahead of a female soccer player in the review queue for vetting non-standard classes?

IMO, if it is truly one math class at issue, he will not go JUCO. That would be foolish; he can take a class this fall (at the HS?) and enroll in January. And if gets approved anyway but misses fall camp, he might as well wait to enroll in the spring and effectively "gray shirt".

Last edited:
Well I can tell you from looking through the process for my son, what qualifies without question from the Clearinghouse for the core classes is pretty well known in the Klein district (they are specifically listed by the NCAA - there are probably over a hundred kids in the district every year that receive athletic scholarships). It is when you try to pass off classes they haven't reviewed before or slip in a non-college prep math class that you get into trouble. If you did Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II you would have zero problems. I would surmise that he has a non-standard class and the NCAA puts those at the bottom of the pile. Don't blame the NCAA, it has to come down to the school counselors, HS Coach and the kid. He has been known to be a prospect for a long time, and this should have all been in order. From a fairness perspective, there is no reason to jump him to the front of the line because he is a big time prospect and a football player. Why should he jump ahead of a female soccer player in the review queue for vetting non-standard classes?

IMO, if it is truly one math class at issue, he will not go JUCO. That would be foolish; he can take a class this fall (at the HS?) and enroll in January. And if gets approved anyway but misses fall camp, he might as well wait to enroll in the spring and effectively "gray shirt".

Good post.

Good post.
Thanks, IIRC (it has been several years) the NCAA has what qualifies and doesn't for our district by Class Number identifier in the Course Catalog. I presume they review enough to know the classes pretty well. So I would think it would have to be a non-standard class or a transfer credit. There are games you can play... the kids call it "Pay for A"... that might well qualify you to graduate from HS and be included in class rank; but would not meet NCAA standards. And I am pretty sure the Ivys and very selective schools would not look favorably on these...

Last edited:
As previously stated by others it looks like all we are doing is waiting on the appeal by the Jackson family concerning two on-line classes Charles took that they have deemed as not qualifying classes.
It looks as the the Clearinghouse isnt going to listen to his appeal until either August 30th or Sept. 13 so things are looking bleak for this fall. But the kid is determined and worst case I see him here in the spring!!!

Per his dad Richard Parker....

"Only new development that has come up is the Committee may not meet until Aug 30th or Sept 13th to hear Charles' Appeal."

http://nebraska.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=522&tid=146431154&mid=146431154&sid=928&style=2
(Paysite, but I gotta add it!)

This kid really wants to be "N" and has the determination of Braylon. I see him here soon!

Last edited:

As previously stated by others it looks like all we are doing is waiting on the appeal by the Jackson family concerning two on-line classes Charles took that they have deemed as not qualifying classes.
It looks as the the Clearinghouse isnt going to listen to his appeal until either August 30th or Sept. 13 so things are looking bleak for this fall. But the kid is determined and worst case I see him here in the spring!!!

Per his dad Richard Parker....

"Only new development that has come up is the Committee may not meet until Aug 30th or Sept 13th to hear Charles' Appeal."

http://nebraska.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=522&tid=146431154&mid=146431154&sid=928&style=2
(Paysite, but I gotta add it!)

This kid really wants to be "N" and has the determination of Braylon. I see him here soon!
I hope he is looking at a Plan "B" in case the NCAA turns down his appeal. Like how to take the two classes at a school this fall so he can enroll next spring.

Our only hope is that the reviewer was overly picky and will be overturned. It seems like most people (schools) who looked at his transcripts didn't see anything wrong; and you can bet most are looking for red flags. But as I said earlier, you take a non-standard class, and the NCAA will look at it very closely with great suspicion.

Last edited:
even if he arrived TODAY, he's probably looking at a redshirt or at least sit a few games learning and practing, just my opinion. I just hope one way or another the kids wearing that N sometime in the future.

even if he arrived TODAY, he's probably looking at a redshirt or at least sit a few games learning and practing, just my opinion. I just hope one way or another the kids wearing that N sometime in the future.

With the depth in the secondary I think he was looking at a redshirt anyway. The kid has alot of talent but there is alot already here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back