• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whats with Terrence Lewis?

Anyone remember the Joe Mixon ordeal a few years ago, and how people were wanting him kicked off the team, hurt his draft stock( he punched a women who had was drunk and trying to start a fight with him, he turned around not knowing it was a women and knocked her out.) Now Mixon lost a year of CF, millions of dollars, Lewis knew what he was doing, just would bother me to have someone like that on my team, when you mostly here about changing culture, yes Lewis is very talented, but he’s also someone who could end up like Aaron Hernandez.

I think the law of averages would suggest he's more likely to learn from a mistake he made as a 16 year old and move on and grow from it, then he is killing at least three people.

Most major schools did back off, Pruitt is feeling the pressure to win, he has to take a chance on talent, I don’t see Tennessee backing off.

Tennessee is another example of a team that is smart to give this kid a shot.

Honestly, IMPO there are only 5-10 teams in the country who can look at his background and determine it's not worth it. This kid has the talent to start day 1 for almost any team in the country, be a 3 year starter, and then leave early to be a 1st round draft pick. It's a no brainer IMPO. He shows up and is a knucklehead, you cut him loose. This is exactly the sort of talent that the +3 rule is there for.

He shows up and is the next Lavonte David, Terrell Farley or Demorrio Williams, you're gonna be glad Frost rolled the dice.

Honestly, IMPO there are only 5-10 teams in the country who can look at his background and determine it's not worth it. This kid has the talent to start day 1 for almost any team in the country, be a 3 year starter, and then leave early to be a 1st round draft pick. It's a no brainer IMPO. He shows up and is a knucklehead, you cut him loose. This is exactly the sort of talent that the +3 rule is there for.

He shows up and is the next Lavonte David, Terrell Farley or Demorrio Williams, you're gonna be glad Frost rolled the dice.

You make good points. Once again, I don’t think anyone here has enough of the specific details to make a decision. If I’m Frost, I make damn sure I get all my questions answered before I bring him in. I’m sure Frost will do his homework. I doubt he wants to deal with another head case.

I'm with N2FL....he might end up being a model citizen if he can get some supervision and direction from the staff. If he blows it he blows it. That said, I don't see any indication that TN is backing away.

While I agree he is a major talent, I just don’t understand preaching culture, and taking someone with “ego” issues, yeah you can take him and then cut ties, but what does that say? I know Osborne took a lot of at risk talent, but for every Rodgers, there’s a Phillips, or a Peter, and what I meant by comparing him to Hernandez was more about him acting like he’s above others, will he learn humility, or is his actions showing future character flaws? Only about ten College programs can afford not to look at him, yet almost every Florida HS didn’t want to touch him with a ten foot pole, I respect your opinion, I’m just speaking my thoughts.

While I agree he is a major talent, I just don’t understand preaching culture, and taking someone with “ego” issues, yeah you can take him and then cut ties, but what does that say? I know Osborne took a lot of at risk talent, but for every Rodgers, there’s a Phillips, or a Peter, and what I meant by comparing him to Hernandez was more about him acting like he’s above others, will he learn humility, or is his actions showing future character flaws? Only about ten College programs can afford not to look at him, yet almost every Florida HS didn’t want to touch him with a ten foot pole, I respect your opinion, I’m just speaking my thoughts.

Maybe it's your culture that actually helps him though. I think that's the end goal for Frost; to have the sort of family environment and culture of accountability in place to where you can take in talented kids like this. Kids who some schools shy away from that you can bring in and help them turn their lives around. Teach them discipline, accountability, hardwork, etc.

With Lewis, having a couple friends on the roster, coupled with being 1500+ miles from home might help him put things into perspective? Being away from home sometimes helps kids get their priorities in order and forces them to grow up.

Maybe it's your culture that actually helps him though. I think that's the end goal for Frost; to have the sort of family environment and culture of accountability in place to where you can take in talented kids like this. Kids who some schools shy away from that you can bring in and help them turn their lives around. Teach them discipline, accountability, hardwork, etc.

With Lewis, having a couple friends on the roster, coupled with being 1500+ miles from home might help him put things into perspective? Being away from home sometimes helps kids get their priorities in order and forces them to grow up.
I like the optimism, I don’t wish anything bad on anyone, people have done worse and changed, what really scares me though is the fact so many coaches passed on him, flopping back and forth between schools for disciplinary issues, but only time will tell, I think he needs to go somewhere where the standard is set, was going to say like how the patriots do, but that would circle around back to Hernandez haha

If someone can help him keep his eye on the prize (financial security and then some) maybe he can overcome and unlearn some of the behaviors that get him in trouble.

I assume Gregory is going back to Dallas at some point now that the NFL has relaxed their weed rules. I'd take Gregory on a team in a heartbeat - hard worker, great player and good teammate. He just liked to relax with his weed after a long day (not my thing, but in the scheme of things athletes do, not that bad at all)
From a wisdom standpoint, just remember...when people start accepting it, it becomes the norm. Totally not trying to hit on you right now. I just feel strongly that our youth needs boundaries to realize that weed is wrong. If they still choose to do it, that's their call.

From a wisdom standpoint, just remember...when people start accepting it, it becomes the norm. Totally not trying to hit on you right now. I just feel strongly that our youth needs boundaries to realize that weed is wrong. If they still choose to do it, that's their call.

Understand. We do some work to limit alcohol, for instance, for minors. It isn't entirely successful, but there should be a middle ground between a free for all and someone like Gregory having his career destroyed

IMPO he's worth the risk. Now, if he was a QB, OL, DB, WR or RB then perhaps not. Those rooms are being built nicely. But Nebraska hasn't had a real difference maker at LB since maybe Will Compton. And I think that's a stretch. They haven't had an above average LB group in a decade+.

I think it's worth taking a risk on a LB or DL because if someone at those spots hits they can transform a defense. And Nebraska hasn't had a difference maker at those spots since Pelini was coach, and even then you can count on one hand how many you've had, frankly the past 20 years.
Just like I said in the Washington thread. People also need to realize that giving up on these kids does nobody any favors (the kid, the team, or society). Most of these young black men only had one parent....maybe none. Without football, they will likely either end up incarcerated or dead. Tom Osborne knew this, and he knew he was the last step between some of these kids, and potentially death. I think Scott knows this as well, but it comes across to the public as "you just want the talent, don't act like you're doing it for the kid," which is really unfortunate of people to think. I think if the kid wants to come here, similar to Washington, lay out the conditions and work with him. People are really quick to say "don't take the kid." I think those people need to do some self assessment on how their opinion may change if that was their child.

Spot on. In your opinion do you believe Nebraska is able to even steal him from Tennessee? Just trying to see how we stand out as "the better program."

Is there even a 1% chance he goes to Nebraska?
We can dream!

With that said, I think our LB situation for the 2021 class is a perfect one to bring in Lewis, and is what I reference sometimes when I say you can take the gamble if you are confident with what you are bringing in. Kpai and Payton are studs, Malcom your hard working guy that could shock people, and then Lewis would be an unbelievable talent you can keep on a tight leash because of your 2019, 2020, and 2021 classes at that position.

We can dream!

With that said, I think our LB situation for the 2021 class is a perfect one to bring in Lewis, and is what I reference sometimes when I say you can take the gamble if you are confident with what you are bringing in. Kpai and Payton are studs, Malcom your hard working guy that could shock people, and then Lewis would be an unbelievable talent you can keep on a tight leash because of your 2019, 2020, and 2021 classes at that position.
I would say, IF he was interested, the gamble is worth it, but only if he absolutely tows the line. Once it becomes a distraction (like Mo Washington last year) and the cancer starts to grow, you better have a plan to deal with that. Would be hard to kick off a player who maybe technically hasn't done anything "legally or morally" wrong but is just a prima dona or such.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back