• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What"s the minimum number of victories expected for 2012?

What"s the minimum number of victories expected for 2012?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
9 wins was, is, and will be the standard for a "successful" season at NU.

Anything above that is gravy.

First off, the magic of 9 wins is just not there anymore with the added games--so it is no longer the standard and never will be again. Second, with Bo as coach, I hope you don't need gravy, or maybe only a smidgen of it, cause you aren't gonna get much. More like a dry rub.

Last edited:

First off, the magic of 9 wins is just not there anymore with the added games--so it is no longer the standard and never will be again. Second, with Bo as coach, I hope you don't need gravy, or maybe only a smidgen of it, cause you aren't gonna get much. More like a dry rub.

I agree that we need to consider the fact we play more games now. Osborne was winning nine while only playing 12 or 13; we now play 13 or 14. However, we also must account for the parity in college football. I think our schedule top-to-bottom is much more daunting than those Osborne faced.

Nine wins means we're doing an awful lot of things right.

Oh if only we could just buy the huskers and make the necessary changes. I am telling you great fan, Osborne has gotta go and then we can start effecting change with a cash bombardment. Fire in the hole!

Until then, keep on trucking and being awesome. Stupid 9 win season and darn those thick headed nebraskans. :banana::banana::banana:

Bo has an off-season to self-evaluate. He did a good job last off-season and made some good changes. He had a not-so-good season once the bullets started flying, but IMO the trajectory is still up. There are reasons for pessimism and reasons for hope, but man, stay away from the edge of that cliff - it's a long way down. We may not be MNC next season,and probably not in the Rose Bowl (although with OSU ineligible we do have a glimmer of hope,) but recruiting looks like it's getting better, and IMO Bo will look back and make some more changes around those areas that hurt us last season. One thing we know for sure about Bo is how much he hates to lose. He's no dummy - he'll figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back