• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What rooms do you expect us to be better at this year?

Not glass half empty but a better question may be, is there a room that won't be better next year? I think every room is improved... as it should be in a coach's second year.

Last edited:

Not glass half empty but a better question may be, is there a room that won't be better next year? I think every room is improved... as it should be in a coach's second year.
Agree, though it may be viewed as being very presumptive leaving no room for good or not so good other possibilities.
Some might say we can't expect a coaches second year to be improved, which I tend to again agree with you and we should see that.
For instance you'll have a hard time trying to convince others the WR room won't be greatly improved where we triple our experience, and increase the size of the room.

I agree with a lot of the observations here. I also have high hopes for special teams. NU has ton of straight-line speed and “wiggle”, so I would not be surprised if the Huskers start scoring on returns rather than just holding their own.

QB room. By leaps and bounds.
RB room. Better and quality depth and if healthy off the chain better.
OL room. Addition by subtraction in some ways and health in others.

I am a tad concerned about our LB and DB rooms. But in this defense and with our coaches there I am okay.

I think our DL room will be the surprise. Especially from the edges.

The bedroom...(Can't believe this went 3 pages without someone saying it).

QB has to be better, it almost can't be worse. WR will improve. They made mistakes for sure, but there were plenty of times they were open and either not thrown to or simply missed by the QB.

OL looked decent by the end of the year. I think we step up there as well. Won't be dominate but more than serviceable IMO.

RB is a toss up IMO. Hopefully better?

I don't see how we get better at ILB or even DL. It's possible, but seems unlikely. If we can maintain we'll be fantastic.

I think the WR room has the potential to be the most improved over last year as the drop off from injured starter to new starter was the greatest at that position.

RB should be improved, but mostly because E Johnson has a year under his belt and the room probably starts the season healthy. Gabe and Rahmir are solid (not spectacular), but injury prone so I'm not hanging my hat on them to have breakout seasons. Our transfer history has been a bit hit and miss so I'm not making any definitive statements about the Oregon transfer one way or the other. He might be a huge get, he might under-perform. I'll wait until he actually proves it one way or the other on the field wearing a red N.

QB room can't be any worse. Just don't poop your pants and give the ball away and that's at least one more win right there (if not 3).

OL I expect to continue incremental improvement. Rhule's last presser was not exactly a ringing endorsement of Macuzza so hopefully he gets right and rises to the challenge. He might be able to elevate the overall line play if he does well, but if not, I still expect the line to be better than last year.

Every room on the offensive side of the ball should be improved. D might dip a bit at LB, but they'll be fine. Can the team as a whole put it together on game day, develop resilience, a killer instinct, and learn how to win? If they do, they've got a pretty high ceiling.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back