• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What rooms do you expect us to be better at this year?

NorthwoodHusker

Husker Fan
2 Year Member
As it says, RB room? WR room? DB?
I'll start of with RB. Last year we saw Emmett step right in and prove he belongs. Our two injured guys had great yds per carry averages before getting hurt, Dowdell looks to be a fit as a power runner and maybe this year we'll see Ives after some good SnC on his tall frame.

I’m thinking it’s going to be our WR room. Even with banged up RB’s we still finished 2nd in the BIG in rushing while finishing a terrible 13th in passing yds. Of course a lot of rushing yardage came from the QB position which better not happen this season. We should have a QB that can actually pitch it so I think our WR’s are going to show a lot of improvement. Our top receiver last season was Kemp who had a dismal 310 yds! We’re going to need our receivers step up, put on big boy pants and start catching some passes. If we have another poor receiving season it’s time to replace our WR coach imo.

Last edited:
Offensive Line room. I want to see us start to move defenses around consistently throughout a game. If we can do this, the rooms mentioned above will already be elevated.
D-Line. Keep improving on what we had last season an we become a team that is disruptive. The front 7 being a major pain makes the DB jobs easier with more turnovers. Just like 2009, we made the DB's look like all stars by disrupting the timing of the plays up front.

I’m thinking it’s going to be our WR room. Even with banged up RB’s we still finished 2nd in the BIG in rushing while finishing a terrible 13th in passing yds. Of course a lot of rushing yardage came from the QB position which better not happen this season. We should have a QB that can actually pitch it so I think our WR’s are going to show a lot of improvement. Our top receiver last season was Kemp who had a dismal 310 yds! We’re going to need our receivers step up, put on big boy pants and start catching some passes. If we have another poor receiving season it’s time to replace our WR coach imo.
Most of this had everything to go with the QB position and hardly anything to do with the WR room. Remember we had guys open all over all year, but nobody that could see them.

Most of this had everything to go with the QB position and hardly anything to do with the WR room. Remember we had guys open all over all year, but nobody that could see them.
Certainly the QB situation didn’t help but our WR's under performed imo. They dropped a lot of passes that clearly should have been caught. I do not believe our receivers did a good job getting open or running good/correct routes. I was over all disappointed in our WR play and hopefully we’ll see a lot of improvement this season.

I’m guessing the staff went through and made a video of all of the plays that had worked, put receivers in the position to catch balls and we either missed them or didn’t throw to them. That’s not all on the QB’s, but they played a role.

I think every room on offense will be better.
WR more depth and experience
QB just drop the number of INTs and we will be better
OL more experience
TE 2 freak athletes
RB just keep 1 starter healthy and we are good

Defense just keep doing what they did last year.

Lots of blame for the poor passing game last yr. Top 3 WR and top 2 RB out with injuries, top TE we were counting on never did take a snap cause of legal and weed issues.
QB injuries and lack of experience. Mediocre and injured line play. = Plenty of blame to go around,

But we still found a way to be competitive thru all of it, which is a real positive. All those positions will be better this yr. Our coaches have now seen a full season of player’s strengths and film. Coaches will be bettter this yr too

Certainly the QB situation didn’t help but our WR's under performed imo. They dropped a lot of passes that clearly should have been caught. I do not believe our receivers did a good job getting open or running good/correct routes. I was over all disappointed in our WR play and hopefully we’ll see a lot of improvement this season.

I’m guessing the staff went through and made a video of all of the plays that had worked, put receivers in the position to catch balls and we either missed them or didn’t throw to them. That’s not all on the QB’s, but they played a role.

When the QB drops the snap, fumbles the ball, throws to the wrong jersey, doesn’t see guys come open or throws it 5 yards over there head…. (Which we all seen plenty) pretty hard to pin thst on another player/position.
Guys running the wrong route, not attacking the ball in the air, dropping passes, missing blocks, or designing plays thst repeatedly fail…(which we all seen plenty of these as well) it’s hard to put everything on the QB.
A shakeup in the coaching staff, starting with a designated QB coach was the top priority for this season, check. Another voice inside the offense, regardless of who is calling plays and having a million $ TE coach should do wonders. Keeping Donavan Raiola (against much angst, certainly was good)

Absolutely agree with wide receivers. As bad as our passing game is, I can’t say that our quarterbacks looked that much worse than our opponents most of the time with the noticeably effect of turnovers. However our receivers did little to help. No separation, too many dropped balls and few attempts to make a play.

We had guys open all over all year? I must have been watching different games. I saw quarterbacks scrambling all the time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back