• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What I expect to see moving forward

Step back from the ledge and take a long, deep breath. I'm serious. This isn't some run of the mill, mediocre coach. This is a brilliant, dynamic guy who also understands the uniqueness of Lincoln. He also trusts his staff implicitly.
Full confidence in this staff.
Dude, I am calm. I’m onboard also. Chill out. Regardless of what you say, the team should be better. Not worse. That is NOT unreasonable.

Your posts have started to resemble what you were saying during the Riley era. Just something I noticed recently.
And I was dead on accurate. Remember that. That was an easy one.
I’m not suggesting anything w Frost, for the record, so chill out. I think he’ll get it going, however, Nebraska should not be this bad either. 34-7 ass whipping to Minnesota is unacceptable. I think SF would say the same thing.

Thank you. My spirits have been thoroughly lifted.You

P.s. Feel free to give me your tickets if you bail.
You can get them for basically free if you hang around the stadium. Went to a tailgate for NW game and was offered freebies twice. At worst you should be able to get some for $10 or so right around kick-off for the indiana game. You might pay a little more for the other two.

And I was dead on accurate. Remember that. That was an easy one.
I’m not suggesting anything w Frost, for the record, so chill out. I think he’ll get it going, however, Nebraska should not be this bad either. 34-7 ass whipping to Minnesota is unacceptable. I think SF would say the same thing.

You don't have to convince me about the last staff. I just wonder why the same types of posts about this one. We're halfway through year 2. It'll get better.

Pain, misery, more inexplicably bad football that makes me cringe.

I hate to say it, but at this point in the season the best predictor of future performance is past performance.

After the fist game I called out the notion that "you make the biggest leap in improvement from game one to game two" as the biggest canard ever. For many years, with few exceptions, the first game has been a harbinger of things to come and exposed the team for what it is. Our non-conference woes were simply microcosms of things to come.

Let's say I'm wrong and we get a repeat of last year. Players reaching some sort of 'bottom' such that they pull themselves out of this funk by sheer force of will to "salvage" the season. What would that say about how this team was prepared and coached during the off season and spring and fall ball?

I considered saying "shuck it" at focusing my time on hunting for the remaining football weekends but I don't want to be a bad fan so I will hope for the best and be in my seat at Memorial Stadium or in front of my TV, but am not an optimist at this point. My Kool Aid pitcher done run out.
Stick with your instincts and shuck it, focus on hunting.

I honestly expect us to play really well against Indiana. I think we will get healed up, try some new guys at positions that need help, and reduce the play book a bit to focus on doing more with less. Would like to see more I-formation and play action, rolling out as well. Our QB's are best when they are on the move.

You can get them for basically free if you hang around the stadium. Went to a tailgate for NW game and was offered freebies twice. At worst you should be able to get some for $10 or so right around kick-off for the indiana game. You might pay a little more for the other two.
A positive can always be found

Fair enough. Felt like 38 tho.

My depression is a result of the regression. It's honestly just bad football in every phase. It's hard to watch my beloved Huskers play this way under a coach I believe in. I guess I believed all those things that Scott said about the team prior to the season. As someone else mentioned, maybe that wasn't for my consumption but an attempt to fluff up his players and make them believe in themselves. Silly moi.

Obviously, improvement is sorely needed. However, I'm in the "it was an unusually bad game for us" crowd. We are not that bad. I foresee improved play after the break and wins over Indiana and Purdue, possibly Maryland. Iowa and Wisconsin will probably be good days to be out fishing.

Fair enough. Felt like 38 tho.

My depression is a result of the regression. It's honestly just bad football in every phase. It's hard to watch my beloved Huskers play this way under a coach I believe in. I guess I believed all those things that Scott said about the team prior to the season. As someone else mentioned, maybe that wasn't for my consumption but an attempt to fluff up his players and make them believe in themselves. Silly moi.
Agree. It is difficult to watch.

Obviously, improvement is sorely needed. However, I'm in the "it was an unusually bad game for us" crowd. We are not that bad. I foresee improved play after the break and wins over Indiana and Purdue, possibly Maryland. Iowa and Wisconsin will probably be good days to be out fishing.

Disagree. We really are “that bad.”

You don't have to convince me about the last staff. I just wonder why the same types of posts about this one. We're halfway through year 2. It'll get better.
They aren’t even close to the same. Not even. This is a message board, a place where people chat about football. That’s what we’re doing. I’m surprised Nebraska is as bad as they are. I didn’t expect this. Getting your ass kicked by lesser teams raises questions, concerns. That’s it. The team should not look like a dumpster fire. That’s on the coach, no one else.

They aren’t even close to the same. Not even. This is a message board, a place where people chat about football. That’s what we’re doing. I’m surprised Nebraska is as bad as they are. I didn’t expect this. Getting your ass kicked by lesser teams raises questions, concerns. That’s it. The team should not look like a dumpster fire. That’s on the coach, no one else.
Yes

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back