• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What I expect to see moving forward

Huskerhunter

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
Pain, misery, more inexplicably bad football that makes me cringe.

I hate to say it, but at this point in the season the best predictor of future performance is past performance.

After the fist game I called out the notion that "you make the biggest leap in improvement from game one to game two" as the biggest canard ever. For many years, with few exceptions, the first game has been a harbinger of things to come and exposed the team for what it is. Our non-conference woes were simply microcosms of things to come.

Let's say I'm wrong and we get a repeat of last year. Players reaching some sort of 'bottom' such that they pull themselves out of this funk by sheer force of will to "salvage" the season. What would that say about how this team was prepared and coached during the off season and spring and fall ball?

I considered saying "shuck it" at focusing my time on hunting for the remaining football weekends but I don't want to be a bad fan so I will hope for the best and be in my seat at Memorial Stadium or in front of my TV, but am not an optimist at this point. My Kool Aid pitcher done run out.

Last edited:

I hate to say it, but at this point in the season the best predictor of future performance is past performance.

After the fist game I called out the notion that "you make the biggest leap in improvement from game one to game two" as the biggest canard ever. For many years, with few exceptions, the first game has been a harbinger of things to come and exposed the team for what it is. Our non-conference woes were simply microcosms of things to come.

Let's say I'm wrong and we get a repeat of last year. Players reaching some sort of 'bottom' such that they pull themselves out of this funk by sheer force of will to "salvage" the season. What would that say about how this team was prepared and coached during the off season and spring and fall ball?

I considered saying "shuck it" at focusing my time on hunting for the remaining football weekends but I don't want to be a bad fan so I will hope for the best and be in my seat at Memorial Stadium or in front of my TV, but am not an optimist at this point. My Kool Aid pitcher done run out.

Sorry you didn't get the instant gratification you desired

Thank you. My spirits have been thoroughly lifted.

P.s. Feel free to give me your tickets if you bail.

Last edited:

19 games.

Fair enough. Felt like 38 tho.

My depression is a result of the regression. It's honestly just bad football in every phase. It's hard to watch my beloved Huskers play this way under a coach I believe in. I guess I believed all those things that Scott said about the team prior to the season. As someone else mentioned, maybe that wasn't for my consumption but an attempt to fluff up his players and make them believe in themselves. Silly moi.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Felt like 38 tho.

My depression is a result of the regression. It's honestly just bad football in every phase. It's hard to watch my beloved Huskers play this way under a coach I believe in. I guess I believed all those things that Scott said about the team prior to the season. As someone else mentioned, maybe that wasn't for my consumption but an attempt to fluff up his players and make them believe in themselves. Silly moi.

It's fine, I'm just saying don't give up

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me

We'll be fine.

It's bye week.

Trim the trees, rake leaves, paint the laundry room, some damned thing.

Plenty long enough to not see a backwards trajectory. Fact!

Step back from the ledge and take a long, deep breath. I'm serious. This isn't some run of the mill, mediocre coach. This is a brilliant, dynamic guy who also understands the uniqueness of Lincoln. He also trusts his staff implicitly.
Full confidence in this staff.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back