• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What does Northwestern's recruiting success say about the status of Nebraska Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Pelini has completely revamped the approach to recruiting, especially after the old offensive staff was gone. And we have seen some creative and aggressive methods being instituted. I would expect they'll sit down after the recruiting season, just as they have done, and evaluate how well things have worked and what changes might need to be made.

And that might well include taking a hard look at what other programs are doing. I mean, what do you think this staff does in the off-season?

This is true. I also noted that Alabama seems to be recruiting okay this year. I wonder if we should emulate them or if we have ignored their successful ways.....Maybe we should follow their model, I personally like it better. Win championships, pick and choose from the best. This seems like a worthwhile endeavor.... we should go back, win a championship and the reap those rewards.

:sarcasm:

I think that Pelini has completely revamped the approach to recruiting, especially after the old offensive staff was gone. And we have seen some creative and aggressive methods being instituted. I would expect they'll sit down after the recruiting season, just as they have done, and evaluate how well things have worked and what changes might need to be made.

And that might well include taking a hard look at what other programs are doing. I mean, what do you think this staff does in the off-season?

Glad that you agree that it's a good idea to look at programs like Northwestern and evaluate how their methods might be working and could be integrated into Nebraska's approach.

I like it when people end up seeing things the correct way.

This is true. I also noted that Alabama seems to be recruiting okay this year. I wonder if we should emulate them or if we have ignored their successful ways.....Maybe we should follow their model, I personally like it better. Win championships, pick and choose from the best. This seems like a worthwhile endeavor.... we should go back, win a championship and the reap those rewards.

:sarcasm:

Yeah, I suppose this is a great point - there is absolutely nothing that Pelini and staff could learn from anyone else, they have it all figured out. :rolleyes:

The best are always learning from each other... This post is silly.

Yeah, I suppose this is a great point - there is absolutely nothing that Pelini and staff could learn from anyone else, they have it all figured out. :rolleyes:

The best are always learning from each other... This post is silly.

I am just playing to the fringes. :) Of course they can learn, and I imagine they do evaluate the landscape of college football looking for ideas.

If Iowa St. signed eight 4 or 5 stars this week should we try to do what they're doing? Or maybe we should try to do what Ole Miss did last year with their unbelievable (no really) class. Every school does things the way they see fit & of course anyone can always learn from others. Our staff & all other staffs watch other teams' methods & if you can't learn from others then you will never acheive success, IMO. We will be fine!

Glad that you agree that it's a good idea to look at programs like Northwestern and evaluate how their methods might be working and could be integrated into Nebraska's approach.

I like it when people end up seeing things the correct way.

Well, actually, I'd expect hem to look at any other successful program to evaluate whether anything they do would help at Nebraska, not specifically NW. I still have no idea what NW is doing differently this year, other than having had their best season since the Nineties.

If Iowa St. signed eight 4 or 5 stars this week should we try to do what they're doing? Or maybe we should try to do what Ole Miss did last year with their unbelievable (no really) class. Every school does things the way they see fit & of course anyone can always learn from others. Our staff & all other staffs watch other teams' methods & if you can't learn from others then you will never acheive success, IMO. We will be fine!

Gene, can always count on you to be the voice of reason.

Last edited:

Yes, they should look at Iowa State, if they were to have that kind of success.

And, I agree, we'll be fine. Let's hope we'll be excellent.

Well, actually, I'd expect hem to look at any other successful program to evaluate whether anything they do would help at Nebraska, not specifically NW. I still have no idea what NW is doing differently this year, other than having had their best season since the Nineties.

Thank you for admitting that, in coaching circles, Nebraska coaches could probably figure out what is happening at NW.

Thank you for admitting that, in coaching circles, Nebraska coaches could probably figure out what is happening at NW.
Does anybody know what they're doing that may be different? It looks very much like their recipients of a very good season last year.

I'm certain they can. I have every confidence in this staff as recruiters.

Northwestern

Either Fizgerald is an OUTSTANDING coach or recruiting class evaluations are't very accurate. Northwestern finished last season with a 10-3 record and ranked 17th in the nation in the final poll. When you look at their recruiting class rankings over the past four years you wonder how they end up with that kind of record.
According to Rivals :
2010 Class ranked 77th
2011 Class ranked 87th
2012 Class ranked 60th
2013 Class ranked 53rd
Huskers are 1-1 against them with recruiting classes of, 22nd, 15th, 25th, and 17th

Bump.
This Northwestern thread was getting lonely. Thought it should be up with the Ole Miss/Kentucky/recruiting services threads..... Maybe this will facilitate their collective deaths. :)

Maybe we need a sub-forum in the recruiting area where we can wring our hands and waste our time comparing
who has the biggest d _ _ _....er... stars?!?! (is that an euphemism?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back