• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What does Northwestern's recruiting success say about the status of Nebraska Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should ban you for 30 days for bringing this back....:nod: :cool: :Biggrin:

Bump.
This Northwestern thread was getting lonely. Thought it should be up with the Ole Miss/Kentucky/recruiting services threads..... Maybe this will facilitate their collective deaths. :)

Maybe we need a sub-forum in the recruiting area where we can wring our hands and waste our time comparing
who has the biggest d _ _ _....er... stars?!?! (is that an euphemism?)

I should ban you for 30 days for bringing this back....:nod: :cool: :Biggrin:

Hey man :) . this thread covered lots of opinions as far as other peoples opinions on other teams recruiting. Lots of good stuff in here. :)

Here is a quotefrom Sprint23r in the Penn State version of this topic... pretty sure he was referring to me. :Biggrin:
You, young man, are a menace ;)

I'm all for a little fun....but bumping these these threads is sadistic....:nod: :banghead:

Hey man :) . this thread covered lots of opinions as far as other peoples opinions on other teams recruiting. Lots of good stuff in here. :)

Here is a quotefrom Sprint23r in the Penn State version of this topic... pretty sure he was referring to me. :Biggrin:

Bump.
This Northwestern thread was getting lonely. Thought it should be up with the Ole Miss/Kentucky/recruiting services threads..... Maybe this will facilitate their collective deaths. :)

Maybe we need a sub-forum in the recruiting area where we can wring our hands and waste our time comparing
who has the biggest d _ _ _....er... stars?!?! (is that an euphemism?)

LOL I was thinking this when I saw the "Old" Miss and Kentucky threads

I won't go back an re-read this thread, but Rajjy, I think you are ignoring some very strong recruiting advantages that Northwestern has. They are the best school in the Big Ten academically. If Stanford can have success recruiting based on academics, then so can Northwestern. They are located in Evanston, directly on Lake Michigan, on a beautiful campus. They are 20 minutes from downtown Chicago.

If you took football out of the equation, and offered a full-ride scholarship to both Northwestern and Nebraska, Nebraska would lose that battle 99% of the time. Couple that with the fact that Northwestern has a dynamic, up-cand-coming coach, a number of great facilities upgrades on the way, and the opportunity to play in the Big Ten, and it really is not difficult to see why Northwestern is having some success in recruiting.

I won't go back an re-read this thread, but Rajjy, I think you are ignoring some very strong recruiting advantages that Northwestern has. They are the best school in the Big Ten academically. If Stanford can have success recruiting based on academics, then so can Northwestern. They are located in Evanston, directly on Lake Michigan, on a beautiful campus. They are 20 minutes from downtown Chicago.

If you took football out of the equation, and offered a full-ride scholarship to both Northwestern and Nebraska, Nebraska would lose that battle 99% of the time. Couple that with the fact that Northwestern has a dynamic, up-cand-coming coach, a number of great facilities upgrades on the way, and the opportunity to play in the Big Ten, and it really is not difficult to see why Northwestern is having some success in recruiting.

As a Northwestern alum I can only agree with you on all of the above. :thumbsup:

And I'll repost my link to http://rankbyoffers.wordpress.com/2014fbteams/ just because I find it interesting.

Just curious, how may of NW's current recruits have we pursued? It will be interesting who leaves NW's class before signing day if they don't win and with their "no OV to other schools" rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back