• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What an enormous upgrade!

Has all the fun he needs from Pitt

Look back at his other offenses.

He never does everything exactly the same.

We’ll likely see some of the same concepts, but to look at Pitt and prep for Pitt is likely playing into Whipples hands. I know I’d use some of the same looks and change up on you. It makes sense.

I completely agree.

Be sure, I'm skeptical with bringing all of these new pieces and plans into the mix and expecting it to click as quickly as it needs to.

Mickey Joseph was a slam dunk hire (thanks to his Husker connections). Just about any school would welcome Mickey to their staff. Busch is an automatic upgrade simply because we've not yet had a full-time commitment to special teams under Frost.

Raiola is the biggest question mark. Very limited resume. I doubt he would have been pursued if not for his last name. Whipple -- I'm not at all sure. I'm not sure that Frost will truly give him full rein. I'm not sure that he has the energy and passion to perform in what is a critical, do-or-die season. I'm not sure that he can turn things around fast enough. Applewhite -- I don't yet have an opinion -- though his success relies highly on Raiola and Whipple.

That said, the changes were needed -- long ago. As I said in my previous post, we obviously needed to move on from Frost having full control over the offense. I'm hoping that will be the case -- or else it won't matter who we hired. The offense certainly could improve, so may as well take the gamble. The previous attempts weren't good enough.
I'm sorry sir. This well-reasoned response still makes it sound like the sky is falling. Can you please insert a few more positive comments to create a little sunshiny balance?

Not always was he successful. And by the way Coach V spent the last 25 years at the FBS level schools. Probably more than whipple. Now successful can be argued.
I had MABC, Lars, and others arguing with me about Coach V during the 2020 season. I believe the exact line of thought from them was that his success could not be argued, and they went on to use the improved arm strength of Luke McCaffrey and the long lineage of QB's he had coached as evidence. Interesting names I was called because of my stance but I guess when you don't want to man up you can retreat to the pages of excellent football talk shared privately among the football Gods. Same song different verse I guess here. Now it's Philly out in front of his ski's. Yes, maybe Whipple will be an improvement. I was told Lubick would be the answer over Walters so I guess we can go back to hoping Whipple will be the answer over Lubick while ignoring whose offense this has been for the last four years. There is nothing wrong with hoping this is the answer, but you might want to quit questioning the intelligence of other posters until there is tangible evidence you are right. It might only be me, but this staff seems disjointed and similar to Hoiberg's philosophy of just throwing some good pieces together without considering how they FIT.

I had MABC, Lars, and others arguing with me about Coach V during the 2020 season. I believe the exact line of thought from them was that his success could not be argued, and they went on to use the improved arm strength of Luke McCaffrey and the long lineage of QB's he had coached as evidence. Interesting names I was called because of my stance but I guess when you don't want to man up you can retreat to the pages of excellent football talk shared privately among the football Gods. Same song different verse I guess here. Now it's Philly out in front of his ski's. Yes, maybe Whipple will be an improvement. I was told Lubick would be the answer over Walters so I guess we can go back to hoping Whipple will be the answer over Lubick while ignoring whose offense this has been for the last four years. There is nothing wrong with hoping this is the answer, but you might want to quit questioning the intelligence of other posters until there is tangible evidence you are right. It might only be me, but this staff seems disjointed and similar to Hoiberg's philosophy of just throwing some good pieces together without considering how they FIT.
That's a lot of words to say you hate Scott Frost :Lol: ;)

Look back at his other offenses.

He never does everything exactly the same.

We’ll likely see some of the same concepts, but to look at Pitt and prep for Pitt is likely playing into Whipples hands. I know I’d use some of the same looks and change up on you. It makes sense.
Speaking more of tendencies not overall concept. Certain formations, On down the list of certain tendencies that coaches can look at.

Actually I'm not and you are. Rapelisberger was very raw coming out of college. Good but clearly he was developed. Pickett was developed and is our most recent sample.

Verdu developed nobody and Milton was in an all offense conference.

Well I remember a few posters on here after 2019 and more after 2020 who raised concerns about MV, they were told all about Payton award finalist Eric Sanders. Also something about his NFL players Mike McMahon and Tom Petrie. As recently as Sept 7th 2021 even.

C

Well I remember a few posters on here after 2019 and more after 2020 who raised concerns about MV, they were told all about Payton award finalist Eric Sanders. Also something about his NFL players Mike McMahon and Tom Petrie. As recently as Sept 7th 2021 even.

C
Not me. I have several good friends who went to LSU or are fans. They raved about what he did from recruiting developing players.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back