• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What an enormous upgrade!

Sofa King

Recruit
2 Year Member
At least leaves me feeling that we have a chance to finally improve in 2022 and beyond.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 2.40.21 PM.png

On paper looks like an upgrade. Mickey Joseph is a definite upgrade. Whipple should be but there’s evidence to support an argument for or against him. Just having a special teams coach should be considered an upgrade. Raiola is an unknown at this point. He could be good. He also might be like Austin or worse. One thing I’ve learned is no one knows a damn thing. I would wager 85% of the coaches mentioned on here or players don’t pan out. This is why I wait and see. I used to follow recruiting until I realized most of those guys never amounted to anything. We get excited no matter who they hire. People build them up or tear them down before they even coach a game. I will just wait and see. Anyone is an upgrade over Verduzco though.

Talk about wasting money! The results that Verduczco produced were invisible. Not a single QB seemed to improve at all, yet we continued to pay him to do something. It's really hard to see just what he was trying to do, although it was clear that whatever it was it didn't work. His mere absence is an upgrade because it at least opens up a locker space.

Talk about wasting money! The results that Verduczco produced were invisible. Not a single QB seemed to improve at all, yet we continued to pay him to do something. It's really hard to see just what he was trying to do, although it was clear that whatever it was it didn't work. His mere absence is an upgrade because it at least opens up a locker space.
Couldn’t agree more.

I think coaches, like players have a ceiling, and both AM and coach V hit the talent and coaching ceiling at around the same time and place for AM, meaning coach V gave him everything Coach V had, and AM was just as high as he was gonna go.

Every player has that ceiling, itd be odd to think a coach doesnt as well, the coach just runs outa tricks, plays, diagrams, training techniques, reps, prayers...

yeo it reminds of when I took over a Engineer as CEO, a engineer to order company which had significant quality issues. Had VP of Engineering force rank his 50 engineers and I fired those with C over below grade four weeks after I arrived. And it was addition by subtraction. We stopped needing pooper scoopers to pick all their turds.

This is how I feel about cigar man. He was a waste of oxygen.

4 out of our 5 new positions are an upgrade, with Tuioto being the significant loss here.

I think Tuioti is a loss, but Dawson's very good at coaching the DL as well (his first time here, we were missing the right talent to make it work), but Dawson's also a much better recruiter than Tuioti was for us.

Getting the extra spot for Busch to coach special teams (and likely to help out with safeties or hybrids) is a net plus with Dawson's recruiting

Couldn't agree more. The sky is falling crowd will not agree. Oh well. Verdu and Austin were awful. Lubick was just there. MJ is a huge upgrade. Hate losing Tuioti. But the RB coach gets us back into Texas as does signing Thompson as it opens eyes. Busch is a huge upgrade in coaching and recruiting

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back