• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Well Happy Friday then!

Thom beat me to some of it in the quotation below, but you answered your own question: a lot of the quicker DEs of the McBride era would have been recruited to play OLB, and for the same reasons. The guy that I thought of earlier as a DE from that era who would be an OLB in Chin's system is Duane Harris. Remember him? Every one of those DEs with long arms and a good burst of speed would have been reshaped into OLBs. It was good for Wistrom and Nebraska that we were playing a 4-3 because he probably didn't move laterally well enough to be as dominant as an OLB.

Nebraska has always had a lot of players at the size required to play OLB, but the problem is that they have to also have the quickness and nose for the ball necessary to move around in space and still make plays.

MABC I am really not sure what we are arguing about. I made a comment that the 3-4 is more body type specific and you start bring up stuff about it being hard to recruit in general to Nebraska. Then you start listing out all the guys in Nebraska's past that could/would have been OLB's in a 3-4.

I am not debating that Nebraska hasn't had guys in the past that could have played OLB in a 3-4. I was just saying that the 3-4 is more body type specific in many cases or at least it likes to be. My listing of the different players was to illustrate the different body types that played in Nebraska's 4-3 system in the past.

I think we are talking about 2 different things.

I can't quit you guys. Even tho it took a vacation of someone else to get me back.
Like you, and most everybody else I have opinions. We all have a right to them, we also have the right to not be offended. I won't give anybody power over myself. If I don't like it I just ignore it. I won't be offended.

@NUinID , yes, I said in my first response that I agreed with all that you had said except for the part about it being easier to recruit to the 4-3, which is where everything else came from. I didn't think that we were "arguing."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back