• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Welcome to the B1G, Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respect

An interesting parallel with Nebraska's move to the Big 10 is the sense in College Park that the ACC was North Carolina dominated, just like we felt the Big XII was Texas dominated. The league offices are in NC, and the basketball tournament was almost always in NC.

BTW, for Maryland the ACC has always been about basketball. Just like we felt like OU was a rivalry game but for the Sooners it was always UT, Maryland felt like in basketball Duke was a rivalry game, but for the Blue Devils it was always UNC.

"One of Maryland’s biggest complaints with ACC membership was that the league was marketed and sold as a North Carolina-based business. Williams screamed about that all the time. “We might as well be in Siberia,â€￾ he once famously said in a reference to the ACC office being located in Greensboro, N.C., and its focus on the state’s four league schools — especially Duke and North Carolina." John Feinstein

An interesting parallel with Nebraska's move to the Big 10 is the sense in College Park that the ACC was North Carolina dominated, just like we felt the Big XII was Texas dominated. The league offices are in NC, and the basketball tournament was almost always in NC.

BTW, for Maryland the ACC has always been about basketball. Just like we felt like OU was a rivalry game but for the Sooners it was always UT, Maryland felt like in basketball Duke was a rivalry game, but for the Blue Devils it was always UNC.

"One of Maryland’s biggest complaints with ACC membership was that the league was marketed and sold as a North Carolina-based business. Williams screamed about that all the time. “We might as well be in Siberia,â€￾ he once famously said in a reference to the ACC office being located in Greensboro, N.C., and its focus on the state’s four league schools — especially Duke and North Carolina." John Feinstein

I cant say I blame Maryland for feeling the way they feel.

But if you ask any Sooner fan that has some age invested into their fandom, they all say OU-NU is the true rivalry. Texas was sold as the rivalry, but the history of OU-NU far surpasses OU-Texass

Last edited:

I wonder how much Purdue and Indiana paid the Big 10 to bring in Maryland? Obviously Illinois did not pay enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back