• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We have Matt Rhule, Fred Hoiberg, Amy Williams and John Cook

I was all-in on Trev. I thought that chair was filled for at least another decade. He's a great communicator and more importantly, a thoughtful and authoritative leader. You can't let the tail wag the dog and that's what dudes like Eichorst and Moos allowed. With Trev, there was never a doubt who's in charge.

He also has a plus-sized ego, which is probably the norm for ex-Butkus award winners. I don't think he ran away from anything. Every major program is fraught with politics and instability (especially places like A&M). Dude's with big egos are almost always looking to the next big thing. Trev wanted to fry bigger fish. I think it's that simple.
I don't disagree with anything you said but it was handled very poorly and wreaks of a "me" guy move. Both sides will be fine and move on, but Trev's overall Nebraska legacy won't be the same.

I don't disagree with anything you said but it was handled very poorly and wreaks of a "me" guy move. Both sides will be fine and move on, but Trev's overall Nebraska legacy won't be the same.
Agree. Trev was approaching legendary status at his beloved alma mater; star player, mover and shaker as AD.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back