• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We’re 3 possessions away from being 7-2

TO replaced some key personnel and it worked Monte for Mcbride. I think Milt came in year two. Many people wanted Monte to stay and question Mcbride. Kevin Steele left for a better job and he was replaced. Change can work.

That’s how I took it.

Appears that jreb is ready to roll the dice again.

Its easy to be the one rolling the dice when you don't have money on the table. Is he willing to fork over the buy-out as well?

The reality is that few people alive right now have ever had to experience a Nebraska football team having to rebuild. Therefore, they don't know what it takes. Meanwhile, they notice a few teams out there who have hired new coaches and seen immediate success. So, they assume that the only way to achieve success is "immediate". If it doesn't come immediately, they want to pull chocks and start over.

That isn't going to happen this time. If SF decides he needs to replace some assistants, it will happen. But no amount of fan unhappiness is going to cause him to do it just for the sake of "appearances". Might as well sit back, tolerate the remainder of the season and support Frost and Company while they pursue improvement in the off season. Nothing good is going to come from grousing and creating a negative aura around the program.

And that’s your opinion. Telling someone to chill is assuming your opinion is right. It’s not, it’s one if many. Calling people bad fans assumes you are the arbiter if what constitutes good fandom. You can express an opinion without acting like yours us the only and best. As to your claim to wanting what’s best for the kids and program....well, gee, I bet you’re the only one on here wanting that.
You can also express an opinion without being overly dramatic and without being an buttwipe toward the staff and players. People who do that deserve to be called out for it. It's toxic and it does nothing but breed anger and rot. So yeah, I'll say something when I see stupid crap posted and Idgaf if you think that's arrogant.

Its easy to be the one rolling the dice when you don't have money on the table. Is he willing to fork over the buy-out as well?

The reality is that few people alive right now have ever had to experience a Nebraska football team having to rebuild. Therefore, they don't know what it takes. Meanwhile, they notice a few teams out there who have hired new coaches and seen immediate success. So, they assume that the only way to achieve success is "immediate". If it doesn't come immediately, they want to pull chocks and start over.

That isn't going to happen this time. If SF decides he needs to replace some assistants, it will happen. But no amount of fan unhappiness is going to cause him to do it just for the sake of "appearances". Might as well sit back, tolerate the remainder of the season and support Frost and Company while they pursue improvement in the off season. Nothing good is going to come from grousing and creating a negative aura around the program.

Well said.

I know there’s a divide among fans whether Frost should make big changes or not. I’m supporting the head coach and that means his decisions as well - whether that be his assistants, who he recruits. I understand people are frustrated and wish the team was better thus a scapegoat must be made to make them feel better, but is a witch-hunt really necessary in less than two years on the job? I say no, but everyone will have their opinion.

Well said.

I know there’s a divide among fans whether Frost should make big changes or not. I’m supporting the head coach and that means his decisions as well - whether that be his assistants, who he recruits. I understand people are frustrated and wish the team was better thus a scapegoat must be made to make them feel better, but is a witch-hunt really necessary in less than two years on the job? I say no, but everyone will have their opinion.

my challenge to you is, so if/when Frost does make changes, will you then tell/acknowledge to these people that they were right? i don't think people are "looking for a scapegoat". people are discussing what it will take for Nebraska to return back to glory (at least most people are). as things stand, we are trending away from glory.

i don't think you can have it both ways. you can't hedge yourself by saying you support him and his unilateral power to make decisions, and then castigate/criticize those who challenge frost to use that decision power.

Whatever negativity that is out there is well deserved. I don't hear many people calling for Frost to be fired. Most want him to stay, but things really need to get cleaned up on the field. Most people just want smarter, more intelligent football. That's all anyone really wants.
You just proved BLyons point. Nobody wants him to be fired but all the negativity by the fans is bad for the program. It may be deserved but it's not benefiting anything. Its like a 12 year old bitching because they aren't old enough to drive yet.

my challenge to you is, so if/when Frost does make changes, will you then tell/acknowledge to these people that they were right? i don't think people are "looking for a scapegoat". people are discussing what it will take for Nebraska to return back to glory (at least most people are). as things stand, we are trending away from glory.

i don't think you can have it both ways. you can't hedge yourself by saying you support him and his unilateral power to make decisions, and then castigate/criticize those who challenge frost to use that decision power.

It’s not having it both ways. I’m trusting in Frost to make the decisions he needs to make. You’re challenging/calling for changes using his power. That’s not supporting Frost. It’s supporting Frost to make changes that YOU feel are necessary.

If Frost fires Chinander and our defense becomes much better, I will certainly say that a lot of people got it right. No issue with that on my end.

Edit - “That’s not supporting Frost” is not meant that you’re giving no support to him. More so, you’re not supporting in the same manner as some others. That’s neither good or bad, just different and that’s why discussions are being had.

Last edited:
Criticism of SF does not equate to wanting him gone.

I’m fully on board the SF train, but our lack of progress (and in fact REGRESSION) this year is alarming.

All criticism of NU this year in all three phases is warranted.

that being said, anyone who is saying any coach needs replaced right now is outta their GD mind.

WE MUST HAVE PATIENCE. There’s a reason SF wanted a 7-yr contract. He knew (or Davison warned him) this was a BIG project.

so everybody just cool your jets. Chastise anyone on FB or Twitter who is overly critical of SF and staff. Patience, patience, patience.

I want results yesterday, too, but with basically missing out on 2017 and 2018 recruiting classes, this is a huge project.

It’s not having it both ways. I’m trusting in Frost to make the decisions he needs to make. You’re challenging/calling for changes using his power. That’s not supporting Frost. It’s supporting Frost to make changes that YOU feel are necessary.

If Frost fires Chinander and our defense becomes much better, I will certainly say that a lot of people got it right. No issue with that on my end.
hmm. that's like saying you don't support your sibling when you advice them to stop dating that person you and others KNOW is not good for them.
you might be wrong, but doesn't mean you don't support them, or that you think you know better.

hmm. that's like saying you don't support your sibling when you advice them to stop dating that person you and others KNOW is not good for them.
you might be wrong, but doesn't mean you don't support them, or that you think you know better.

I made an edit add-on to explain what I meant because I thought that line didn’t come off how I wanted. Just did it before you posted.

Agree that it doesn’t mean you don’t support him. Just supporting in different manners.

TO replaced some key personnel and it worked Monte for Mcbride. I think Milt came in year two. Many people wanted Monte to stay and question Mcbride. Kevin Steele left for a better job and he was replaced. Change can work.
Well said.

Maybe, since there is this passionate desire for a scapegoat, we should fulfill that desire “old school”. We could confess all of the football sins over the head of a live goat and, with the goat symbolically bearing said sins, send the goat into the wilderness.

That could appease those currently demanding a sacrifice while giving SF some more time he needs to fix the program.

Riley was 5 possessions from winning 11 games in season one. (Actually, in 4 games, it was literally one score in the last less than 10 seconds left or final play).

BYU was lost by a Hail Mary, last play of the game.
Miami was lost in the last play of OT.
Illinois was lost on a TD with 10 seconds left.
Wisconsin was lost on a FG with 4 seconds left
Northwestern was lost when Nebraska missed a 2pt conversion to tie

First five losses, all by less than 5 points.

While memories fade, the pain of the literally last seconds of the game losses in what seemed like week after week was much more cruel than anything that has happened this season.

But I'll tell you what -- the patience, understanding, and defending of Riley was a helluva lot less here. And when Riley won 9 games in 2016, there was more people here expressing their displeasure for Riley than Frost with his second season at 4 wins.

So yes, I have a bone to pick with anyone who comes here preaching patience when the same reasonings they use now they refused to use in 2015 or 2016. Use your excuses now but not 3-4 years ago. Tell fans to stop the negativity now, when you wouldn't have dared say that in defense of Riley.

Last edited:

Indiana, Purdue, colorado

would say we had the best team all 3 games... just can’t put it together yet

everyone needs to chill out... I’ve been a husker fan for 25 years, never lived in Nebraska... didn’t go to school there... grew up watching them in the mid 90s

wish this negativity could stop... its terrible for the program. Pelini is laughing his ass off somewhere right now

Scott will turn it around but would be helpful if more of this fan base wasn’t so entitled... our expectations are far worse than USC and Miami fan bases although we’ve been nationally irrelevant much longer

wish people could understand the process... I’m really hoping the negativity on this site represents a loud mouth minority
Thank you I needed this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back