• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #22 (L, 74-80), vs OHIO STATE @ PBA, Sun, 2/2 @ 2 PM CT, BTN+ (pay)

Momentum and confidence is all with OSU right now, need to come out focused and aggressive.

game over. no one moving on the last two OOB plays other than Cain.
These last two games make it look like the team has given up.

Not sure how you give up at halftime of a game you are crushing the opponent in, but we did,

That second half was some of the worst b-ball I’ve ever seen.

It Didn't Have to be like This!

A Tale of Two Halfs;
A Tale of Two Teams;
A Tale of a Team that can't handle pressure;
A Tale of a Team that lacks a 'Killer instinct' and doesn't know How to put an opponent away! image.gif:mad:image.gif

NIT! (if we are lucky)

Final Stats:

1580681561710.png

Last edited:
I don't think so, they are still very very young and she's been bringing in good players.
I agree with the recruiting, but they aren’t that young and aren’t showing any progress or any hustle.

I don't think so, they are still very very young and she's been bringing in good players.

Actually, she has not. Last 2 classes were bad, and
toward the bottom of the league. Her first full class (this year’s sophomores) was pretty good, but the next two have been abysmal. We are the least athletic team in the league. She either ups her game in recruiting, or she will be gone.

Really disappointing to be in this spot in year 4. Another Eichorst debacle. Fired a tremendous coach over his silly world view. So now we have this.

The HUSKERS have to learn to finish these close games.

NEXT GAME:
University of Iowa Logo

University of Nebraska Logo
(15-7 ~ 5-6) @
University of Iowa Logo
(18-4 ~ 9-2) ~ Thur., 2-6-20 @ 6:30pm CST no TV

University of Iowa Logo
lost to
University of Michigan Logo
~ Sun., 2-2-20

63-78

Actually, she has not. Last 2 classes were bad, and
toward the bottom of the league. Her first full class (this year’s sophomores) was pretty good, but the next two have been abysmal. We are the least athletic team in the league. She either ups her game in recruiting, or she will be gone.

Really disappointing to be in this spot in year 4. Another Eichorst debacle. Fired a tremendous coach over his silly world view. So now we have this.

Bourne is a top level international player and has contributed good minutes. She chose Nebraska over other very good schools: Marquette, Arizona State and Utah.

Brady looks like she was a top scorer in high school and also had a decent list of schools to choose from: Marquette, Illinois, Dayton.

Helms was a first team All State in high school and had a lot of solid offers: Syracuse, Wake Forest, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Kentucky, Yale, Penn, Rutgers and Georgia Tech

For the latest class:
Ruby Porter: Supposedly another very good Australia player that chose NU over LSU.

Annika Stewart:
Good size post-player. Chose Nebraska over Minnesota and Iowa.

Whitney Brown:
Obviously a home state signee that might be a bit of a stretch/risk, with Eastern Illinois the only other D-1 offer.

Granted, we aren't competing with U Conn, Maryland, South Carolina, Baylor at this point; but, we are not that level of a team right now. We're winning battles for good players and it is too early to know how these players will develop and gel. If we don't see positive development by the time these players are seniors, I'm sure we'd see a change.

I agree with the recruiting, but they aren’t that young and aren’t showing any progress or any hustle.

Yes, they are young. Whitish and Eleily are the only seniors, Cain is improving as a junior. The rest of the key contributers are the four sophs and freshman Bourne.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back