• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Washington AD Troy Dannen new Huskers AD

It boggles the mind that a subset of fans are still concerned about Nebraska ties or the Nebraska Way™ after the Scott Frost experience.

I'll give Trev credit for leaving things better than he found them but beyond that, his Nebraska bona fides did jack and squat in terms of him making a long-term commitment. Nebraska was his dream job until it wasn't.

But you don't understand. Trev was operating in a leadership vacuum. How could anyone work in that situation? I mean besides everyone else.

Not sure if this is on anyone's radar yet:

Watching this, context is important. Who knew what when?
What we know is the police acted, did the coaches know? How much did they know or how much is known and if you're an underling, seeking leadership is not a crime no matter what.

Watching this, context is important. Who knew what when?
What we know is the police acted, did the coaches know? How much did they know or how much is known and if you're an underling, seeking leadership is not a crime no matter what.

I think part of the problem here is the incident took place in October, but the police did not arrest and charge until April. If the police knew about the allegations since October but did not arrest until April there must have been some sort of problem getting information or something.

The university can jump in and take action before the police actually file charges but they might be leaving themselves open to a lawsuit. With NIL now, a player may be able to say lost playing time cost him money as per part of his NIL contract. If players are now going to get paid you need to be careful of possibly denying them their employment, NIL money, if there have been no official charges against the player.

Coaches have been put on paid leave until all the legal aspects are straightened out, but many NIL contracts have a playing clause in them, so it's hard to say they are on paid leave.

I think part of the problem here is the incident took place in October, but the police did not arrest and charge until April. If the police knew about the allegations since October but did not arrest until April there must have been some sort of problem getting information or something.

The university can jump in and take action before the police actually file charges but they might be leaving themselves open to a lawsuit. With NIL now, a player may be able to say lost playing time cost him money as per part of his NIL contract. If players are now going to get paid you need to be careful of possibly denying them their employment, NIL money, if there have been no official charges against the player.

Coaches have been put on paid leave until all the legal aspects are straightened out, but many NIL contracts have a playing clause in them, so it's hard to say they are on paid leave.
You mean let the pros handle it?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back