• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale....

I think it's completely unfair to blame Frost or the staff for this. I'm going to look at the past behavior for Wandale and let that predict the integrity in this decision. The past tells me this is a young man with phenomenal character that is telling the truth when he says it's about family and getting closer to home. UK is about 20 minutes from Frankfurt (where he grew up) and he can be near his family. Odds are the SEC allows fans next year and his mom can come to every one of his home games with virtually no travel.

As a Husker fan I will remember WR1 as a great player that did things the right way and was a part of returning the Huskers to glory.

Yes, it hurts, but if Wandale's reasons are transparent, then there isn't anything Frost or anyone could really do. It happens. The issue, obviously, would be if there was something else, like Spielman's situation. We have lots of good players. Someone will need to step up.

Aside from his mother's COVID issue, I really can't say I blame him for wanting to transfer. How many times did we see him in the backfield in a goal-to-go situation this year, at least a dozen or so? What the hell were the coaches thinking putting a player of his stature as a RB in goal line situations?!?!? I think it was at Purdue when he got dinged up good scoring a TD when the ball should have been given to a true RB in a goal line situation.

There's zero chance that a competitor doesn't want the ball with a chance to score. Everything I saw from WR1 tells me he wants the ball every chance he gets. Especially with a chance to get in the end zone.

Yes, it hurts, but if Wandale's reasons are transparent, then there isn't anything Frost or anyone could really do. It happens. The issue, obviously, would be if there was something else, like Spielman's situation. We have lots of good players. Someone will need to step up.
As i've been saying all along, the kid will do us a solid. For the record the kid isn't lying, he's just trying to help us out as best possible. He's as good as it gets.

I don't think Moos will get a second chance to hire a FB coach, he will be asked to resign before Frost. :Sign2cents:
Why is Moos the problem? Frost was absolutely the right hire at the time. All of us would have screamed for his head if he HADN’T hired Frost. I think the consensus among fans and national pundits was that Frost would turn the program around.

However, the apparently right choice doesn’t always pan out, as this one seems to be at this moment. I don’t fault Moos for making the best decision at the time. Since then, he’s given Frost everything he requested, as he should to help make him successful.
Moos hasn’t performed poorly, although his most high profile coach has let him down.

Nail, meet hammer. Frost still clearly has a player's mentality. Just this year, he remarked about "what he wouldn't give to suit up one more time." He literally did suit up for practice at UCF and ran some Navy plays. He still wants his play to do the talking.

It's not in his nature to be a CEO-type. That's why when asked about discipline issues, he said "Grant and Jason used to take care of that stuff."

I honestly don't know if he can change his stripes at this point. That's why losing Wan'Dale would be such a big deal. He exemplifies the ready-made competitor Frost needs to flip the culture with personnel instead of process.
Exactly!! We didn't hire him because he was a CEO type. He was hired because he was a supposed offensive genius. He's obviously not that so what exactly does he bring to the table.

I think it's completely unfair to blame Frost or the staff for this. I'm going to look at the past behavior for Wandale and let that predict the integrity in this decision. The past tells me this is a young man with phenomenal character that is telling the truth when he says it's about family and getting closer to home. UK is about 20 minutes from Frankfurt (where he grew up) and he can be near his family. Odds are the SEC allows fans next year and his mom can come to every one of his home games with virtually no travel.

As a Husker fan I will remember WR1 as a great player that did things the right way and was a part of returning the Huskers to glory.

I'm not sure I've seen a take yet that blames Frost or the staff for this. That said, win some games and your best player isn't so easy to poach.

Gosh, The-Sky-Is-Falling narrative never ends.
Wan'Dale is Gon'Dale. Needs to be closer to home. OK, fine.
So can we instead now focus upon the guys that want to be here? If losing Wan'Dale is a black eye for HCSF, then why isn't the return of Domann, CTB and possibly Mills considered a good sign for Frost and his "culture"? You can't have it both ways.

Personally, I can't wait for spring ball so that we can focus on football again instead of the drama and hyperbole.
They're back because their NFL draft grades were not good so they want to come back and maybe try to improve (not a whole lot of that going on under this staff)

I'm not sure I've seen a take yet that blames Frost or the staff for this. That said, win some games and your best player isn't so easy to poach.
Sorry, it's been all over Twitter and social media. The pitchforks are in full effect! Agree with your point, but it's been such a crazy year.

Rondale Moore is from here in Louisville (same high school my son attends) and Wandale is from Frankfurt. Both are in the portal. Would be crazy if either U of L or UK could land them both!

Gosh, The-Sky-Is-Falling narrative never ends.
Wan'Dale is Gon'Dale. Needs to be closer to home. OK, fine.
So can we instead now focus upon the guys that want to be here? If losing Wan'Dale is a black eye for HCSF, then why isn't the return of Domann, CTB and possibly Mills considered a good sign for Frost and his "culture"? You can't have it both ways.

Personally, I can't wait for spring ball so that we can focus on football again instead of the drama and hyperbole.
That's a very fair point. I have been vocal about the loss of Spielman and Wandale. To be consistent you have to give the staff props for who is coming back.

Sorry, it's been all over Twitter and social media. The pitchforks are in full effect! Agree with your point, but it's been such a crazy year.

Rondale Moore is from here in Louisville (same high school my son attends) and Wandale is from Frankfurt. Both are in the portal. Would be crazy if either U of L or UK could land them both!
I don't think Rondale is in the portal. He opted out and has plans for the draft.

As i've been saying all along, the kid will do us a solid. For the record the kid isn't lying, he's just trying to help us out as best possible. He's as good as it gets.

You don't think he makes a very different decision if DONU:
1. Had been in the BIG Conference championship game at least once in the last two years (doable).
2. Been to bowls both of the last two years (eminently doable).
3. Wan'dale in top 3 in receptions and TD's for WR in BIG Ten the last two years (Doable in what Scott's offense is supposed to look like).
4. First Team All BiG Ten this year, Second Team last year, Freshman of the Year 2019.
I'm thinking he is a fixture in Lincoln, thinking Heisman Trophy as a Jr.

And all that it takes to make the above happen is a Third team All Big Ten QB, which is what AM looked like the last six games of 2018, and never again.

GBR

Last edited:

As a UK fan, I could see em going to UofL, or even IU before UK as UK would likely not be able to utilize him very well with their primarily run oriented offense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back