• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wan'dale Robinson won't be charged with marijuana possession

I would like to think the young man has more to fear from HCSF and his parents.

Hope I'm right.

Exactly what I was thinking ... at least, it was when I was growing up.

Mother Robinson probably wearing out her son is worse punishment.

Beer gulping is more dangerous than weed. I thought beer ads (TV, radio, billboards, magazines, etc.) was banned years ago ..... just like cigarettes.

I will say this.....if it is illegal, it is illegal and that is that....BUT.......if something that is WAY MORE HARMING THAN WEED is legal in ALL STATES (alcohol!!!) then why the heck weed isn't legal in all states mystifies me.

I would guess consumer demand and the untapped market it creates.

The 2018 farm bill removed cannabis which contains less than .3 percent THC (hemp) from the list of schedule 1 controlled substances. That does leave law enforcement with a dilemma because in order to prove a possession, or any other cannabis related charge, they will have to prove the product found is not just hemp. As you point out, that means more cost.

They will also run into issues with CBD products. CBD wasn’t in the schedule of controlled substances to begin with. The only reason it was a problem was because it was a derivative of the cannabis plant which is part of the schedule. Now that certain cannabis plants (hemp) is exempted (but still regulated) CBD from hemp is also not in violation of the controlled substances act. But how do you tell where it really came from.

There may also be other issues with hemp CBD relating to food safety regulations, but that is an FDA issue rather than a DEA issue.
This is a confusing deal as to the CBD oils. From what I understand it is still technically illegal but merchants wont get in trouble for selling it. Why have a law if there will be no enforcement?

Doesn't the Nebraska clean air indoor act preclude anyone from smoking anything indoors? What about smoking on university grouds. Why should dope smokers be allowed and no one else?

This is a confusing deal as to the CBD oils. From what I understand it is still technically illegal but merchants wont get in trouble for selling it. Why have a law if there will be no enforcement?
CBD has no THC so probably never should have been banned. Coca cola isn't banned because it uses the same plant with cocaine, right.

There are traces amounts of thc in CBD but not enough to get you high.
yeah, you can say that....essentially below the limit of quantitation.

Last edited:

This is awesome news. All of it. The part where no one gets charged AND especially the part about Nebraska indirectly decriminalizing pot. I had no idea.

Light up everybody!!!

Doesn't the Nebraska clean air indoor act preclude anyone from smoking anything indoors? What about smoking on university grouds. Why should dope smokers be allowed and no one else?

i don’t think they’re allowed just won’t be criminally charged. I also don’t think it’s a law against smoking on University property rather a rule.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back