• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale Robinson is a top priority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven coaches visiting and recent history tells us this isn’t a done deal. Really good addition if he follows through.

Early signing is on the 19th. We only have to sweat it out for 7 more days. I'll bet SF leaves 3 coaches in Kentucky with Wandale until the he signs.

"Yes this is where Wandale Robinson lives, but he's busy."

QWAXMBBJCRWWTSI.20180127191633.JPG

Its funny how Wandale rhymes with Rondale

Last edited:

I remember when I thought this little sprout of a player who was highly touted , even Heisman talk, would never make it at the next level. Too small, playing in a weak conference.
MF.jpg

Thanks for the Super bowl Marshall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

I remember when I thought this little sprout of a player who was highly touted , even Heisman talk, would never make it at the next level. Too small, playing in a weak conference.
View attachment 19297

As I recall TO thought both he and Sanders were to small to play running back. Shows that even the best can make mistakes.

I talked to a former newspaper sports writer who knows Kentucky and football, and as was previously mentioned the quality of football competition in his area is low. Probably should temper expectations until we see how he looks at the next level.
I said this exact same thing on another forum and got killed for it... I just want to make sure this is not another Tyjon ordeal... while he played at B Gorman and got a few good match-ups early on since they are a national brand... once they got into Nevada state competition it was a joke and lots of guys we recruit would look like super stars vs who they were playing.

I have a feeling Wandale is a heck of athlete but like Tyjon... I wonder how fast he actually is...

I will say this... Rex and Ameer were not speed guys either but still fantasic.

As I recall TO thought both he and Sanders were to small to play running back. Shows that even the best can make mistakes.

Barry Sanders wanted to come to Lincoln, and Charlie McBride wanted to sign him, but Osborne had already signed Terry Rodgers, Tyreese Knox, Richard Bell, and a couple of walk-ons, so they didn't have scholarships left to give. McBride said that he would remind Osborne of that when Barry was returning kicks for TDs or running all over them.

Marshall Faulk was recruited, and they wanted him pretty badly. Here's that story:

https://herosports.com/college-football/nebraska-marshall-faulk-recruiting-san-diego-state-ahah

Another parallel that few have mentioned is that we also almost had Emmitt Smith, but his mother didn't want him to go to school so far away.

For obvious reasons. On Monday NU sent 7 coaches to visit him.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...28dd4e6b-7953-5213-87a1-d33842d5b75c.amp.html

I happened to watch his highlight film yesterday along with two RB recruits. Of the 3 films I saw, Robinson was the one guy I am sure will play next season. He will enroll in January so he will be more than ready for the 2019 season.

Purdue went after Robinson. And why not? Two Rondale Moores are better than just one.

Robinson is quite amazing. He doesn't look very fast in the open field, but when he finishes his long runs he normally slows down to a jog before he crosses the goal line because his pursuers are so far behind him.

The most impressive thing about him is his acceleration. When he is lined up as a WR, once the ball is snapped, he takes off like a rocket. He has great vision and can slip by tacklers in the open field with ease. He is extremely elusive.

He appears to have good hands, but the film only shows him catching passes with very little pace on them.

I suspect they will use him as a slot WR more than as a RB, but I can't say for sure. He could certainly excel at both.

It's great to have a QB like Martinez who has Heisman potential. It's also great when AM has guys with Heisman potential to distribute the ball to.

Wandale Robinson. My goodness, Husker football just got a whole lot funner...funner by about 5' 9" and 200 pounds of greased lightening.

I think that you've given a fair assessment. You can tell that the competition that he was going against was not very good, but you can also tell that he has quickness and elusiveness that will translate to the college level. I was glad to hear that he works out with the same trainer as Rondale Moore because I don't think most fans recognize how powerful Rondale is. I had said in another thread that I would choose Rondale between the two, but that would be because of the power that he's proven to have already. I'll be pleased to change my mind later. We can't get too many players like either.

If he is as fast as Miles Jones wirth JD and MW the defense will not be playing base defense. With a nice lead we will pound them with Mills.

View attachment 19297

To me, Wandale looks just like Darren Sproles when he runs. Both are short, thick, powerful guys with small strides, lots of quickness, and they both run with their feet barely leaving the ground.

Hard to say what his top end speed will look like at the FBS level, but I am willing to find out.

:)

Last edited:

Barry Sanders wanted to come to Lincoln, and Charlie McBride wanted to sign him, but Osborne had already signed Terry Rodgers, Tyreese Knox, Richard Bell, and a couple of walk-ons, so they didn't have scholarships left to give. McBride said that he would remind Osborne of that when Barry was returning kicks for TDs or running all over them.

Marshall Faulk was recruited, and they wanted him pretty badly. Here's that story:

https://herosports.com/college-football/nebraska-marshall-faulk-recruiting-san-diego-state-ahah

Another parallel that few have mentioned is that we also almost had Emmitt Smith, but his mother didn't want him to go to school so far away.

Emmitt's kid is a star, all-purpose back down here right now. Hopefully we'll get a chance at redemption but all the big guys are sniffing around seeing where he fits best. At least Dallas isn't too far from Lincoln, maybe EJ's mom will feel differently than his Grandma did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back