• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vomiting comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

YUENGLING

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
I would imagine Frost really regrets his comments about the offensive line vomiting 15-20 times a practice. He’s getting grilled on social media and hopefully there are no serious injuries coming out of any practice. Anyone who’s played football can relate to watching teammates puke or puking themselves after or during practice. However today nobody wants to hear about it especially from a head coach who seems to be bragging about it..it’s so difficult today to talk to the press without getting every comment examined.
Hope this quickly blows over.

I understand the point SF is making and it does make me feel positive about the improvement in the O-Line but in today's PC world where player safety is important and highlighted significantly ... having SF say what he said is/was unnecessary. There are ways to say what he meant then the way he said it!

I would imagine Frost really regrets his comments about the offensive line vomiting 15-20 times a practice. He’s getting grilled on social media and hopefully there are no serious injuries coming out of any practice. Anyone who’s played football can relate to watching teammates puke or puking themselves after or during practice. However today nobody wants to hear about it especially from a head coach who seems to be bragging about it..it’s so difficult today to talk to the press without getting every comment examined.
Who cares.

We have an army of doctors/physical trainers... I trust them over a bunch of keyboard warriors who have never played an organized sport in their lives.

In the current environment, the manly, bravado, tough it out narrative doesn't play well. What we've learned about overtraining in the past 20 years leafs us away from that as well. Vomiting by a healthy young man seems to be a sign of overstressing. Gotta be careful

It is NOT happening, trust me. And I mean, believe me more when I say this is NOT happening then if I told you the sun looks yellow and healthy grass looks green. I won't add the actual particulars but this is just a case of Frost saying something in hyperbole that he probably just shouldn't have said at all.

The comment reminded me of when Frost first got here and bragged about how tough the workouts were compared to when Riley was coach. As you may recall, Tyjon Lindsey and defensive lineman Dylan Owen each spent time in the hospital being treated for rhabdomyolysis. I'm all for tough workouts, but that level of vomiting (assuming Frost wasn't exaggerating) suggests to me that whatever they are doing needs to be scaled back a bit.

Last edited:
Frost reminds me of Callahan--they both love being behind the microphone. Dude really needs to learn to keep his pie hole shut.

The comment reminded me of when Frost first got here and bragged about how tough the workouts were compared to when Riley was coach. As you may recall, Tyjon Lindsey and defensive lineman Dylan Owen each spent time in the hospital being treated for rhabdomyolysis. I'm all for tough workouts, but that level of vomiting (assuming Frost wasn't exaggerating) suggests to me that whatever they are doing needs to be scaled back a bit.
He was exaggerating about the puking, though some was going on earlier but at the normal rate/reason. Here is a quote that is from the horse's mouth: "Games will be easy compared to practice."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back