• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vomiting comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

8S.gif

It’s not puking that’s the problem it’s the tone deafness of bragging about it. Right or wrong Frost has to be more aware of the age we live in. He goes up there without any context and says stuff like that, then people are going to run with their narrative. He creates more problems for himself and the university when he says, or doesn’t say(Big Ten media say) things. I know it seems like nitpicking but when you’re the face of the university, and basically the whole state, you need to be more polished or you get little brew ha has like this. Some of it is stupid and petty but as our athletic director tells us in every meeting, “be careful what you say and what you post because somebody somewhere is out to get you.”
Yeah, its nitpicking. Because of the poor record, Frost is now in a position where literally ANY statements he makes, there are folks that will find something to isolate and take negatively. If you think I'm wrong, we just had a thread where multiple posts were criticizing him for making a statement about valuing experience from the QB position. A completely innocuous statement.

Me personally, I prefer a head coach who gives some colorful media answers sometimes, even if its not PC vetted. If Frost's team looks good and wins a bunch of games, these exact same types of comments will suddenly be 'charming' and 'folksy'. If Raiola had said it, would the same people have gone berserk about it? I highly doubt it.

Let's just get through one more week of this stupid offseason, and get to the part where we can apply these endless stores of critiquing energies to actual game decisions and results.

Raiola must be whippin into shape. We'll say how that translates when they play the game. Will they be standing around or kneeling?

View attachment 87393

This is an awesome picture. The way the Husker O-linemen are just looking at them is pretty cool. During the pandemic, I went back and watched every National Championship Game dating back to Notre Dame vs West Virginia in the '88 season...

I can remember this game. The way the Miami D-line hung with them for around 3 quarters. Warren Sapp played well, but all those excessive celebrations ended come the second half lol. They were worn out.

I remember when I was a kid, probably 8 or so, my mom would take me to captain video on 72nd street in Omaha almost every Friday night to rent a movie. More time than not I would pick Stand by Me. Prob not the best movie to watch as a wee lad, but to this day it's still one of my all time favorite movies.

Thanks for the nostalgia :Cheers:
So, that was like 14 - 15 years ago? And we don't want to know about your wee, lad.

I remember when I was a kid, probably 8 or so, my mom would take me to captain video on 72nd street in Omaha almost every Friday night to rent a movie. More time than not I would pick Stand by Me. Prob not the best movie to watch as a wee lad, but to this day it's still one of my all time favorite movies.

Thanks for the nostalgia :Cheers:

I loved that movie growing up too. One of the most fun parts of having kids is introducing them to movies - my son loved this movie as well.

There's a quote in the movie that always stuck with me...after Chris tells Teddy to act his age, he replies "I am acting my age. I'm in the prime of my youth and I'll only be young once." Maybe it's because I was 12 when I first saw the movie, like the characters were supposed to be, but that always stuck with me.

Good post.

To the bold I’d think we all would. I know when it was announced I was really hoping Frost would get a couple or at least one coach familiar with the B1G… after the fact that all were coming I stayed hopeful that they would transition well. My hindsight thoughts is Frost was younger coach an had a lot of success early, even as a assistant he was pretty successful. So maybe some arrogance on his part, maybe some insecurities as well, as he was familiar with everyone he brought.
We have some new coaches now, I am again hopeful Frost and company can get sound fundamental “looks like football” in all phases of the game. As a side note maybe Frost needs to do more pressers where he stands in front of the mic and doesn’t say anything and after a couple of minutes says thanks guys have a great evening and walks away, lol.
I do think him staying at UCF for the bowl game didn't help either. He was in a bind then to find new coaches to help recruit as Riley recruits were dropping like flies. I didn't like bringing all coaches with him either but I kind of understood it. Then the fact they quit and moved with Frost, he felt obligated to keep them. It was a real catch 22 situation!

Last edited:
I loved that movie growing up too. One of the most fun parts of having kids is introducing them to movies - my son loved this movie as well.

There's a quote in the movie that always stuck with me...after Chris tells Teddy to act his age, he replies "I am acting my age. I'm in the prime of my youth and I'll only be young once." Maybe it's because I was 12 when I first saw the movie, like the characters were supposed to be, but that always stuck with me.
I always thought I was Gordie as a kid, but looking back on it I 100% wasVern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back