• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Volleyball Selection Show - ESPN @6:00 pm Eastern - 11-26-23

I was wondering the same thing. Are all games a lock on ESPN? I'd think NET would love to carry opening weekend Nebraska games, which then might be on Big 10+.
I think they are all on espn+ other than the championship game, which will be on ABC. As far as I know none of the games will be on BTN or BTN+, though I could be wrong about that.

edit: I just looked at the event calendar for btn+ and I don't see any volleyball games listed for this Thursday/Friday. I think that means you will need to get espn+ to watch the volleyball tournament games.

Last edited:
I think they are all on espn+ other than the championship game, which will be on ABC. As far as I know none of the games will be on BTN or BTN+, though I could be wrong about that.

edit: I just looked at the event calendar for btn+ and I don't see any volleyball games listed for this Thursday/Friday. I think that means you will need to get espn+ to watch the volleyball tournament games.
In the past NET covered Nebraska's opening weekend games when played in Lincoln, but maybe ESPN has them all bottled up now so they can't do that.

We beat them in October with Smrek in the lineup. Florida should have beat them in September and had them on the ropes up 2 sets to 0 until Florida lost their starting setter to a season ending knee injury in the middle of set three and got reverse swept.

I think we can beat Wisconsin in Tampa if it comes to that. We will have to play a great game, but we are certainly capable of it.
I think Oregon has a good chance in the Wisc quarter

Yep! ESPN+ I hope they get broadcasters that know volleyball.

You have to pay to subscribe....$10.99 a month, but you can cancel anytime so not too bad. I am going to subscribe tomorrow and keep it through the end of the tournament, but it irks me that the only way to watch any of it is to pay extra.

Last edited:

You have to pay to subscribe....$10.99 a month, but you can cancel anytime so not too bad. I am going to subscribe tomorrow and keep it through the end of the tournament, but it irks me that the only way to watch any of it is to pay extra.
I don't like paying extra but this is but a small part of the overall tv contract by the BIGX and the various tv broadcasters. The contract was notable and provides $millions$ to each BIGX school. Now we're feeling a little more financial pain, paying extra for BTN, BTN+ and espn+. Maybe in a "few" years fans will be bitching about having to pay extra to see the Husker FB team play in a post-season bowl ??

So if you get ESPN through Youtube TV, does that mean you can access ESPN+ or do you have to pay to subscribe?
Yes. I get ESPN+ on SLING via Spectrum. Spectrum supplies internet (I do not have cable). I stream most of my TV through SLING with a sports package.

Last edited:
Will John Baylor call the game on Huskers.com?
Yes. He and Lauren Cook-West do play-by-play for all the games. What I like to do is use "pause" to synch up the radio play by play with the tv broadcast, so I can watch the game on tv but at the same time listen to JB and Lauren call the game. JB and Lauren are way better than most tv announcers.

So if you get ESPN through Youtube TV, does that mean you can access ESPN+ or do you have to pay to subscribe?
I do not know YouTube TV well enough to give you a cogent answer. With SLING I pay a small fee for the sports package that includes all the versions of ESPN, B1G+, and some others I don't care about.

Yes. He and Lauren Cook-West do play-by-play for all the games. What I like to do is use "pause" to synch up the radio play by play with the tv broadcast, so I can watch the game on tv but at the same time listen to JB and Lauren call the game. JB and Lauren are way better than most tv announcers.
Really too bad they can't simulcast radio and TV. JB is exceptional and Lauren is very good. As volleyball gets more and more popular she will/may be lured away.

ROSEMONT, Ill. (Nov. 30, 2023) – The Big Ten Conference announced the 2023 Volleyball All-Big Ten Team and individual honorees Thursday, as chosen by a vote of the conference’s 14 head coaches. Wisconsin’s senior outside hitter Sarah Franklin was selected as Player of the Year, while Nebraska claimed the remainder of the individual awards with junior libero Lexi Rodriguez named Defensive Player of the Year, Bergen Reilly earned Setter of the Year, Harper Murray was chosen as Freshman of the Year and John Cook earned Coach of the Year honors (the lone award that featured separate voting by the conference coaches and a select media panel, both of whom chose Cook).

Franklin is the sixth Badger to be chosen as Big Ten Player of the Year and first since Dana Rettke in 2019. A native of Lake Worth, Fla., Franklin was named the AVCA National Player of the Week on Monday. Franklin averaged 5.0 kills/set with a .329 hitting percentage, 2.5 digs/set and 5.25 points/set as part of a 2-0 week highlighted by a 3-0 win over No. 1 Nebraska and a sweep of Iowa. The Badgers handed the Huskers their first loss of the season, powered by Franklin’s 16 kills and 12 digs for her seventh double-double of the season. The senior is fifth in the conference with 413 kills this season, averaging 4.17/set. Franklin was also a unanimous selection on the All-Big Ten First Team.

Rodriguez earns her second Defensive Player of the Year honor after being chosen for the award following her freshman season in 2021. Rodriguez finished the regular season with 367 digs, averaging 3.60 digs/set, a mark that ranks ninth in the Big Ten. The junior libero is the second Husker to earn the honor after Justine Wong-Orantes was chosen back-to-back seasons in 2015-16.

Reilly is the first freshman to be chosen as Big Ten Setter of the Year and second Husker to earn the honor since Kelly Hunter in 2017. Reilly was selected as Setter of the Week four times this season and leads the conference and is 13th nationally with 10.74 assists/set, totaling 1,095 on the year.

Murray is the second Husker to be chosen as Freshman of the Year after finishing the regular season averaging 3.29 kills/set and 336 kills overall. Murray was named the conference’s Freshman of the Week three times throughout the season.

Cook earned dual selections by both his conference counterparts and the media voters, earning his fourth coaches vote honor overall and third while at Nebraska. Cook led the Huskers to their first Big Ten title since 2017, finishing the regular season 19-1 in conference play and 28-1 overall. Nebraska was ranked in the AVCA top five throughout the entire season and was No. 1 overall for six-straight weeks dating back to Oct. 23. The Huskers are the No. 1 overall seed for the NCAA Tournament that opens this week, positioning Nebraska to play at home all the way through to the national semifinals.

Reilly and Murray were one of four unanimous selections on the All-Freshman Team, along with Indiana’s Ramsey Gary and Purdue’s Chloe Chicoine.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back